User forums now online! Please see the latest post in the Announcements forum for more information.

Author Topic: Update News?  (Read 715 times)

Fuzko

• View Profile
Update News?
« on: 2020-06-26 14:42:06 »
Are there any news about version 11?

Daan van Rooijen

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Update News?
« Reply #1 on: 2020-06-26 20:41:44 »
I'm sorry to be so brief, but the answer is simply: No
I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.

runner

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2020-08-14 03:42:23 »
Just some days ago I post a message in "Thumps Plus Beta Discussion/Update News". Today I checked if there is an answer or statement. Unfortunately I had to find out that my message was deleted. Just like that. Is there a reason why?

Daan van Rooijen

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2020-08-14 04:54:21 »
Yes, Runner. I do not find it appropriate to post negative speculations about a product or company on that company's own server. They're kind enough to host this user-to-user forum and it would be wrong to use it against them.
I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.

runner

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2020-08-14 11:10:04 »
Hello, Daan,

I was merely stating my impressions. The last update with service pack 2 is now more than 2 years old. From time to time an upcoming version 11 was advertised on the website and then nothing was seen or heard. Instead of deleting my post, cerious software could have said something about the state of development.

Since 1999(!) I have been working with version 4 of ThumpsPlus across all versions.  Currently I manage several 10 000 photos and about 20 000 keywords. Maybe you can understand that I and probably other users are interested in how ThumpsPlus will continue. That cerious provides a phorum to give support is the least I expect as a user.

Many greetings
Rainer