Author Topic: Need a more flexible link between folders and galleries  (Read 4045 times)

Paul

• View Profile
In a gallery there is a picture called Design 100.jpg. In viewing it, I decide to clone it to Design 100clone.jpg and to make some changes to the clone.

Now, Design 100clone.jpg resides in the folder that the original is in, but the clone is not in the gallery from which it was created, and getting it into the gallery is a tedious process:

1 - look at the image properties of Design 100
2 - note the folder that it resides in
3 - leave the gallery, go to the folder
4 - locate the file and its clone
5 - click on the clone and drag it to the gallery
6 - go back to the gallery
7 - locate the image that I last looked at.

It would be so much better if TP could take us from the gallery image to the original image in its folder simply by clicking a button.

It would also be nice if TP knew that the clone was created from a gallery and upon saving the cloned file asked us if we want to add it in the current gallery. That would really simplify matters.

Paul

mel314

• View Profile
Need a more flexible link between folders and galleries
« Reply #1 on: 2014-01-31 15:15:32 »
Paul,
 In a gallery you can select a thumbnail, right-click it and look near the bottom of the list for "go to folder".  There might be a way to add it to a toolbar, I just don't do it often enough to bother.

Also, don't drag thumbs from gallery to gallery.  Right-click the thumbnail and select "Gallery" then "Add To" or "Move To".  These can be added to a toolbar, but I have had inconsistent behavior, gallery list that should drop down is sometimes blank.

When you drag from gallery to gallery, whether you simply drag (to move) or ctrl-drag, (to copy) the gallery manager will save the gallery order before executing the 'drop' part of the move or copy, but won't do this if you use the right-click menu method.

M

Paul

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2014-01-31 16:18:49 »
mel314, I can't thank you enough; you solved a huge issue for me. I guess I'm an example of the old adage "If all else fails, read the instructions"

mschnell

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2014-02-01 10:20:41 »
Great that this works for you.

In fact it would be just great if TP would be able to manage image "generations" (i.e. a history of modified and saved images). (such as "subversion" offers for software source code).

-Michael