All forums > General Discussion

uh-oh. backup computer not starting up tp5 properly

(1/3) > >>

miltk:
i opened my backup computer.
haven't done it in 4 months so i thought i should update my source images and td4

there was an initial problem regarding a database error that i should have copied but i didn't. it said something about check again or database corruption(which was copied from my flash drive backup)

anyway, here's what's happening. i updated the source image folder and the td4, but when i opened Thumbs5 it was NOT being directed to the Thumbs5/td4 file. instead i am only getting the Thumbs5 folder. i have double checked everything.

windows7 pro.
volume label is correct .......DRIVE_C (C:)
TP5 is installed properly ........C:Thumbs5
source location is correct ..........C:\Program Files\Paint Shop Pro\images
database at start up is correct ...........C:Thumbs5\Thumbs.td4

but as i said the td.4 is not opening. only the folder is opening, which amounts to some 30 or so gifs from the Thumbs5 folder. i copied from two different flash drive backups

ps. i thought of going back so i tried a system restore point but that failed. i got some kind of message saying the previous restore points were not valid or somesuch message. i uninstalled/installed tp5 again. it did not help.

Daan van Rooijen:
Launch TP5 and go to Options | Preferences | Startup.

Was the correct database file defined under 'Initial Database' ?

miltk:

--- Quote from: Daan van Rooijen on 2019-08-10 14:48:25 ---Launch TP5 and go to Options | Preferences | Startup.

Was the correct database file defined under 'Initial Database' ?

--- End quote ---

it's fine now. i think it was a weird hiccup. however there's a new issue,,,,,
at startup, the left pane has no tree or my galleries. it is only showing thumbnail previews. the right pane only has the thumbnails of the source folder

Daan van Rooijen:

--- Quote from: miltk on 2019-08-10 16:31:25 ---at startup, the left pane has no tree or my galleries. it is only showing thumbnail previews.
--- End quote ---

Do you see a tab named "Preview" in or above that left pane? If so, hover your mouse pointer approximately 1 milimeter above it, and see if the pointer changes into a double arrow, indicating that there's a separation bar that you can move. Drag that bar up or down and chances are that your tree will re-appear.

miltk:

--- Quote from: Daan van Rooijen on 2019-08-10 17:37:05 ---
--- Quote from: miltk on 2019-08-10 16:31:25 ---at startup, the left pane has no tree or my galleries. it is only showing thumbnail previews.
--- End quote ---

Do you see a tab named "Preview" in or above that left pane? If so, hover your mouse pointer approximately 1 milimeter above it, and see if the pointer changes into a double arrow, indicating that there's a separation bar that you can move. Drag that bar up or down and chances are that your tree will re-appear.

--- End quote ---

thx. it's always something. my tp5 is always set so i never have to concern myself with this,,,until something happens LOL SMH

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version