Author Topic: Canon 6D Raw Support  (Read 2905 times)

KurtA

• View Profile
Canon 6D Raw Support
« on: 2013-12-29 15:11:16 »
It looks like my Canon 6D is only half supported by the Digicam RAW 5.1.  The thumbnails create correctly while the separate viewing window now it hangs in was very slow and delivers ugly images.  I goofed around with settings and got ugly images for both thumbnails and views.  The hangs(infinite loop) started happening with V9SP1B3 using PostgreSQL.

It looks like both PolyImagePro and dcraw now support the 6D.  When can we expect another version of Digicamn RAW?

It doesn't bother me much.  I tend to use the JPEGs instead of the Raws for viewing, but it would be nice to get them working.

Thanks,
Kurt

Christopher Walker

Canon 6D Raw Support
« Reply #1 on: 2014-01-22 17:44:28 »
I have a problem also with TP9 and Canon CR2 files from my 6D. They open in magenta only (see uploaded image file). Files from my 60D open perfectly well. Both open as they should in Canon Digital Photo Professional.
There is also the long standing problem (TP8 upwards) that the Canon comment field is not read into the Metadata, so losing a valuable (indeed, with earlier short file names, critical) function.

Teeple

• View Profile
Canon 6D Raw Support
« Reply #2 on: 2014-01-27 19:58:52 »
I have the same problem with my Canon 6D RAW files(TP9 v3928, W7). The files will open properly, albeit slowly, after using the Adobe DNG converter.

http://www.adobe.com/ca/products/photoshop/extend.displayTab2.html