All forums > ThumbsPlus v10 Questions

Built new PC, transferred TP10 and now it runs like a dog [Solved - SQL issue]

<< < (2/2)

nzmike:
Thanks for the suggestions everyone.   

I had installed from an older TP10 .exe file so re-installed the latest version from the site.
Then from a bit more googling I realised I needed to set up the system DNS using the ODBC for SQL Server 2017 driver rather than the native SQL Server driver.  Once I restarted TP and connected to the new DB everything was back to normal as running as fast I expected :-)

Daan van Rooijen:

--- Quote from: nzmike on 2022-02-01 19:35:33 ---Then from a bit more googling I realised I needed to set up the system DNS using the ODBC for SQL Server 2017 driver rather than the native SQL Server driver.
--- End quote ---

Great to hear that it's working properly again, and thanks for getting back with the solution. If you remember where you read about that solution, I'd be curious to read it too -- do you still have the link? Was it specific to ThumbsPlus or was it a more generic solution for SQL-based databases?

nzmike:
I was just googling about general ODBC connections to third party apps (so not TP specific) and a couple of sites said to use the new driver.  It  could be something to do with the fact I also upgraded to SQL Server 2019 for my new PC, perhaps the native driver is just not tuned for the new version because my old PC (on SQL 2017)   used the native driver and it was very fast.

Daan van Rooijen:
Interesting, and maybe it will help someone else. Thanks again!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version