Author Topic: WMF to JPG using Quick Convert  (Read 3456 times)

Connie

• View Profile
WMF to JPG using Quick Convert
« on: 2017-10-17 20:41:14 »
I have old WMF files and wanted to convert them to JPG.  The JPG file ends up with a black background, rather than a white background, as I've specified in "Background color for delete and cut" as defined under Options | Viewing | Editing."

Is there any other option I should change in order to get a white background instead of black?

Thanks for any suggestions...

Connie

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2017-10-17 20:57:23 »
> Is there any other option I should change in order to get a white background instead of black?

I think it's: Options | Viewing | Appearance | Background color for.. Metafiles.

(you probably know this, but just in case: most WMF files are vector-based, and when you convert them to a bitmap format like JPG, they're no longer scalable - so, you may want to keep the original files too)
I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.

Connie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2017-10-23 10:33:28 »
> > Is there any other option I should change in order to get a white background instead of black?
>
> I think it's: Options | Viewing | Appearance | Background color for.. Metafiles.
>
> (you probably know this, but just in case: most WMF files are vector-based, and when you convert them to a bitmap format like JPG, they're no longer scalable - so, you may want to keep the original files too)

Hi Daan,

Thank you (one again).  I was soooo close.  :)

I do know about the scalable issue, but I appreciate your mentioning it.  It's so easy to forget those little details!

Regards, Connie