Author Topic: sd cards  (Read 3357 times)

jaybird23238

• View Profile
sd cards
« on: 2016-08-05 18:28:32 »
When an sd card is inserted in the reader (or a usb thumb drive in inserted) windows assigns a drive letter and the files are all accessable as if it were a normal hard disk.

Unfortunately. Thumbs plus doesn't recognize these drives until you close the program and restart it.

At that point, I can access it with thumbs plus as normal.  I can even assign a volume alias to the card.  But if I remove the card, I would have expected to see it listed as an offline disk, but it's not there.

Am I missing something, or is this a feature that just doesn't exist?

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
sd cards
« Reply #1 on: 2016-08-05 19:37:01 »
> Unfortunately. Thumbs plus doesn't recognize these drives until you close the program and restart it.

Just press Ctrl-F5 to refresh the tree.

> At that point, I can access it with thumbs plus as normal.  I can even assign a volume alias to the card.  But if I remove the card, I would have expected to see it listed as an offline disk, but it's not there.

Did the card have a distinctive volume label (not volume alias)? If not, you can assign one from within ThumbsPlus by right-clicking on the drive and using 'Label disk'.

If you have made thumbnails for files on that card, it should show under Offline Disk when you remove it and refresh the tree.
I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.