Author Topic: Scan folder error '5019 the background task failed with exception c0000005.'  (Read 3060 times)

AndreJS

• View Profile
Please, if anyone could give me some help...

I'm receiving '5019 the background task failed with exception c0000005' error when scanning a ~40k photos folder (~1.8GB).

I'm using a sqlite3 database with 80 quality jpg compression. Database stats shows ~22k thumbnails records and has ~117MB total file size.

I can't get over 56% of scanning process - the task stops with the error above.

My hardware has 32GB RAM, i9-10th gen processor and SSD, so I guess it's not a lack of hardware resource issue.

Thank you!

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I'd try setting the sorting order (of the thumbnail display) to 'None', and not use either of the 'thumbnails first' or 'thumbnails last' sorting options.  Then go into the folder that was scanned. The first file that has not been thumbnailed correctly is probably the one that caused the error. It's probably a file that requires a plug-in (raw files, pdf, etc) or some other external module (e.g. a zip file). Once you have identified that file, you can temporarily rename or move it, so that you can hopefully complete the thumbnailing with no further errors.
I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.

AndreJS

• View Profile
Thank you so much!!! You said something that gave me a light! As I had splitted before the main folder in many others to see if I could scan each one entirely, I found there was only one the scan wasn't completing. So I searched where the thumbnails creation was interrupted and 'voilą'!! There was an '.mpg' file lost in the middle of all genuine jpgs ones. By removing it I could complete the thumbnails scan. Thank you for your valuable help! Best regards!

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
My pleasure, I'm glad it was solved. I've had the same problem myself a few times! :)
I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.