Author Topic: Moving files  (Read 3089 times)

JimmyC(KY)

Moving files
« on: 2015-07-10 21:14:15 »
I understand that files are either moved or copied.  When I drag and drop files I expected automatically to move (copy)the file and remove the copy in the original position.  I could do this in V7 but am now trying to use V9 (I know many of you are on V10).  Could some one point out what I am missing to accomplish this?

Thanks Jim

Gary

• View Profile
Moving files
« Reply #1 on: 2015-07-11 08:50:49 »
> I understand that files are either moved or copied.  When I drag and drop files I expected automatically to move (copy)the file and remove the copy in the original position.  I could do this in V7 but am now trying to use V9 (I know many of you are on V10).  Could some one point out what I am missing to accomplish this?
>
> Thanks Jim

Jim,

Here is my experience with TP9 and TP10.  When dealing with a normal thumbnail display, dragging and dropping will move the file to the destination and delete it from the source.  When dealing with find-similar or by-name search results, dragging and dropping will COPY the file to the destination and NOT delete it from the source.  I use right-click and chose move to actually move the file.  Not sure why it works this way.

I hope this helps a bit.

Cheers,
Gary