Author Topic: Thumbnail view completely blank after I poked my nose in  (Read 2948 times)

ERinSTL

• View Profile
Hi, Cerious. I guess I probably brought this on myself, but hoping you know what's up so I can fix it.

I tried using MS Access to add a batch of annotations to the TP database. I'm relatively proficient with Access, so I don't think my query did anything seriously wrong. It was an update query to the Thumbnail table driven by a custom table containing the filename and the desired annotation.

Now the thumbnail view window is completely blank for ALL folders in the tree, not just the single folder I added annotations to.

I tried a few things self-serve that I thought might help, but uh-uh:

1) delete all the added annotations
2) delete the rows in the Thumbnail table corresponding to that whole folder
3) use MS Access to compact and repair database
4) update TP to current version (I was two builds out of date)

I have about 13,000 rows in the Thumbnail table, so I'd like to avoid having to completely regenerate everything if possible. Any suggestions?

ERinSTL

• View Profile
Thumbnail view completely blank after I poked my nose in
« Reply #1 on: 2014-01-29 01:49:43 »
Please ignore this report.

Further poking around revealed that I had somehow (inadvertently) also created an ODBC connector without, of course, configuring it. When I deleted that folder in the TP parent folder, my thumbnail view returned.

Embarrassed ... but back to being happy with my TP functionality.

ERinSTL

Gary

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2014-01-29 09:49:04 »
Glad you found the solution!

WytnoiZ

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2014-02-10 19:11:05 »
It's a good idea to backup the database file before any major operation...massive db updates, program updates, db compress, etc.  

'noiZ