Author Topic: Mouse wheel behavior setting  (Read 4361 times)

Connie

• View Profile
Mouse wheel behavior setting
« on: 2019-07-01 12:27:55 »
When viewing thumbnails, I use the wheel to scroll through the images.  No matter what setting I choose in Options-Preferences-Thumbnail View, the wheel always scrolls the images one row at a time.  My choice is "use Windows mouse settings" which is always set to "whole screen at a time", but it never does that in TP10.

I searched through the Help and in the Forum, but can't find any mention of this. 

Is this a bug, or just the way it's going to work, no matter which choice I make?

TIA, Connie

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Mouse wheel behavior setting
« Reply #1 on: 2019-07-01 13:33:59 »
It might well be a bug. Mine is set to 'one row at a time' which works as expected, but the 'use Windows' setting causes it to jump more like 2 windows at a time.
I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.

Connie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2019-07-04 09:40:00 »
As always, thank you Daan! 

Hmmm, it just occurred to me that my PC is running Windows 7 which has ALWAYS reverted to "scroll 3 lines at a time" and every time I reboot, I have to manually change it to "scroll one page at a time". 

Maybe I might install TP+ on my Windows 10 PC (which never changes the scroll amount and leaves it as I set it) and see what the scroll behavior looks like there. 

Thanks again,
Connie

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2019-07-04 18:09:52 »
My pleasure, I hope you figure out what the problem is! It might be a setting in the mouse driver, or even the mouse driver itself that causes the misbehavior. When you have a large driver that offers pages of options, see if you can't replace it with a simple generic one from MS (even if the mouse is from a different brand). I've found that those often work better with fewer hiccups.
I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.