Author Topic: Automatic Slideshow  (Read 2799 times)

pbrama

• View Profile
Automatic Slideshow
« on: 2014-02-04 11:20:14 »
We LOVE Thumbsplus for day to day work.   What I am trying to do now is use the Slideshow capability to showcase some work we have done on a dedicated PC.    What we want to do is be able to turn it on and it will automatically boot up and start showing all the pics in a specific directory (without any user intervention).

I thought I could do that using TP COMMANDER but can't get anything to work no matter what I try.    I was going to create a batch file and call it in the Windows Startup.

I put in it...

tpcmd SlideShow(c:\shop pics\)

The TPCMD.EXE file is in the same directory as the pics. The TPCMD.EXE is in the C:\ folder.

All I get is a screen flash and that is it.

I tried adding a    -l error.log    to the end but don't get any output either into that file (it is never created).

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Pete

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Automatic Slideshow
« Reply #1 on: 2014-02-04 12:37:28 »
Are you using v7 or earlier? I don't think tpcmd works with v8 and newer.

Tpcmd.exe probably has to reside in the folder where ThumbsPlus itself is installed, and may have to be executed from that same folder. Also, I'd use a short folder name for the folder that holds the images, eg. C:\SLIDES.

Alternatively, you could use Image | Build Slideshow in v7 to make a self-contained slideshow in .exe format that might suit your purposes.
I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.

pbrama

• View Profile
Automatic Slideshow
« Reply #2 on: 2014-02-04 15:14:26 »
Thought about building an EXE but if we keep it this way, we can easily add more photos without having to rebuild the EXE.