Author Topic: Setup Resoure Decompression Failure (build 4004)  (Read 6307 times)

davidr92063

• View Profile
Setup Resoure Decompression Failure (build 4004)
« on: 2015-10-26 11:22:16 »
I have tried to install this one both of my computers, on both computers I get the same error Setup Resource Decompression failure this is for build 4004 both computers are running windows 10, only thing I can figure is your file your send out went bad :(

Any suggestion's?

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2015-10-27 12:10:00 »
> Any suggestion's?

Verify that your system's TEMP folder is accessible and has sufficient free space.

In case of a corrupt download, you could try to re-download from either of these links:

Version 10 Full Installation, download size: 40 Mb
  HTTP http://www2.cerious.com/binaries/cerious/thmpls.exe
  FTP ftp://ftp.cerious.com/pub/cerious/thmpls.exe
I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.

davidr92063

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2015-10-27 12:26:23 »
I check the folder and I tried the download link you gave tried both ftp and http both pop up error Setup resource decompression failure.. the box behind says InstallAware is preparing the InstallAware Wizard which will install this application. the second that come up is when at program crashes on both computers

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2015-10-27 14:37:37 »
I'm out of ideas as to what could be causing this problem. Well, you could try running the installer as Administrator but I doubt if that would help.

I think your best bet is to contact technical support at support@cerious.com, maybe they have heard of this problem before.

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Oh wait
« Reply #4 on: 2015-10-27 14:42:37 »
Found this elsewhere:

"This can happen with an installer if it's based on InstallAware. One thing to check is if there's a file in your Temp folder called "mia1" -- InstallAware installers try to create a folder by the same and if there is a file there by that name they throw the "setup resource decompression failure". If you find that file, delete it and re-run your setup."

Laura Shook

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Oh wait
« Reply #5 on: 2015-10-27 15:04:03 »
Just yesterday this same statement was sent to me by a ThumbsPlus user that found it to be THE fix for this issue in HIS case.

My response to this issue thus far has been that the temp environment variable is either read only or not set to a valid folder.

If anyone else is having this trouble and the problem is NOT caused by the file "mia1" in the temp folder:

Make sure your TEMP environment variable is a valid and writable folder on a local disk. This path is used for temporary files in the installer/uninstaller.

You can check the environment variable using Control Panel - System -
Advanced - [Environment Variables].

Go to your start menu and type this exactly:

%TEMP% then hit enter.

Both paths should match.

Thank you everyone for your support!

Kind regards,
Laura

Zappu

• View Profile
Oh wait
« Reply #6 on: 2015-11-05 00:39:35 »
Well, it's all the same C:\Users\Thomas\AppData\Local\Temp but it's still not working

Laura Shook

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Oh wait
« Reply #7 on: 2015-11-05 10:45:29 »
I don't know if you noticed in this thread, the solution that another user found on the Internet about this InstallAware problem:

"This can happen with an installer if it's based on InstallAware. One thing to check is if there's a file in your Temp folder called "mia1" -- InstallAware installers try to create a folder by the same and if there is a file there by that name they throw the "setup resource decompression failure". If you find that file, delete it and re-run your setup."

If this doesn't solve your problem and the temp environment variable is pointing to a valid folder please e-mail me at support@cerious.com for more assistance. I haven't had one user that wasn't helped with one of these 2 solutions.

Kind regards,
Laura

Thanks again for the tip ThumbsPlus supporters!

Zappu

• View Profile
Worked
« Reply #8 on: 2015-11-05 11:29:04 »
Sorry, I was to fast. I got it finally working, It was the "temp" path. But I needed to change it to a local path like c:/tmp/ to get it working. Within the user path it was not working, even I am the administrator of the machine

regards
Thomas

davidr92063

• View Profile
I got it
« Reply #9 on: 2015-11-05 20:32:34 »
I deleted all the files in the window temp folder and was able to install