Author Topic: weird issue with tp and windows7  (Read 3209 times)

miltk

• View Profile
weird issue with tp and windows7
« on: 2014-08-31 03:56:33 »
up until now i've been using wXP. i have also started using w7pro, and i get this issue....

windows7 pro

when i double click tp, i get a "drive c:\ does not have a volume label which,,,,,please enter a new label for the disk". in the entry field there is "DRIVE_C" already entered. when i click "okay", i get a [5088/144]unable to write disk label to drive c:.:     the directory is not a subdirectory of the root directory.

when i click "cancel" i get a "[7243] TP requires unique, non-blank volume labels on disks to differentiate drives. unpredictable results may occur if you don't label your disks. do you want to try to run any?  i click "yes" and TP runs normally. all this to say after i cancel out, tp runs just fine anyway.

what should i do? i never had this issue with wXP.
when i look at the c-drive in tp's left panel, it says c: <#6a13f60f>...in tp on my wXP it says c:

as far as i can see everything works fine except for this stupid error message

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2014-08-31 04:27:57 »
> what should i do?

I'd try this:

[*] Exit ThumbsPlus
    [*] Open Explorer ('My Computer') and browse to the top level. When you see drive C:, right-click on it and choose Rename (or choose Properties and rename the drive there).
    [*] Launch ThumbsPlus and see if the drive shows up with the new name and without that prompt about volume labels.
    [/list]
    I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.

miltk

• View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: 2014-08-31 04:49:25 »
    yeah but i'm worried about screwing everything ELSE up.
    as it is, tp DOES work after i cancel all those annoying messages.

and as i mention in the op, the renaming entry field already says "DRIVE_C", but when i click okay it gives me the error message....

miltk

• View Profile
    thx,,,changed it
    « Reply #3 on: 2014-08-31 13:52:14 »