Author Topic: Version 10 operations flow?  (Read 3813 times)

Dan Landiss

• View Profile
Version 10 operations flow?
« on: 2014-07-22 11:14:24 »
I am hoping that Version 10 reverts to functions that behave more like those of Version 7.

V7 actually names the "last filter" used, while V9 just says "last used" and I wind up using extra steps to check that it is really the one I want.

V7 remembers the last TWAIN scanner used and defaults to it so initiating a scan can be a one-step process. V9 requires that I first choose a scanner, then back to the top menu and down to Image Acquire to start the scan. The choice of scanners is no longer sticky.

V7 always handled the orientation flag (landscape/portrait) from my Nikon camera correctly. V9 sometimes ignores it, and even attempts to "Turn & Mirror" and then Save may not result in the correct orientation being obtained.

I've been trying for several months to learn to like V9, even forced myself to use it  when I knew extra steps would result, but for my uses V7 is a superior product. Is there any hope that V10 will operate more like V7?

Thank you!

--Dan in St. Louis

Dan Landiss

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2014-07-22 11:23:18 »
V7 gives me the choice, after modifying an image and "Saving As," of retaining the EXIF data. V9 removes it and un-clicking the "Remove File Information" button does nothing. And twice this morning it also turned the saved image 90º clockwise!

--Dan in St. Louis

Gary

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2014-07-22 15:29:22 »
Dan, IMHO TP10 will be no better than TP9 or TP8.  TP7 is definitely the superior product even stuck with the 2GB database limit.  I hope I'm wrong about TP10.

Laura Shook

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2014-07-30 15:26:42 »
Thank you for your continued support of Cerious Software. You and I have corresponded in the past.

Thank you for the information you posted. This is the kind of information that I need.

I would really like for ThumbsPlus users to write me with these type of issues so that I can address them!

I will let you know my response as soon as I take a closer look.

Kind regards,
Laura Shook
Cerious Software, Inc.
704/529-0200

Dan Landiss

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2014-07-30 16:03:10 »
Thank you, Laura.

I mis-spoke about scanning. In v7 it is "Image, TWAIN Acquire, {my scanners}."  In v9 it is "Image, Acquire, TWAIN Setup, {my scanners}" then "Image, Acquire, Acquire Image." Seven steps instead of three.

Dan Landiss

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2014-07-30 16:09:35 »
Laura, I am probably not a typical user. The only social networking I participate in is Facebook. but I rarely post images there and visit only a couple of times a month. I need no scripting and couldn't tell a python from an anaconda. If I say "SQL" my dog thinks I have spotted a squirrel for him to chase.

And I have not yet measured it, but it feels like v7 loads faster than v9 in Win7.

--Dan in St. Louis

aslaksen

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2014-08-01 15:17:00 »
Hi Dan and Laura,

Laura, thanks for replying to this!

Dan, I have written so many times to complain about TP9 not remembering my TWAIN settings! How hard can that be?

And yes, I agree. I don't need any of the new features. I just need an up-to-date version of TP7.

Helmer