Author Topic: Multi Image Tif Batch Processing  (Read 3008 times)

garyschnieders

Multi Image Tif Batch Processing
« on: 2013-06-17 11:01:06 »
I am testing this software prior to purchase and am using version 9 professional, in evaluation mode.

I have a directory with multi image Tif files that I am running the batch process on to make sure they are ccitt group 4. My end result is a single image tif ( The first page of the source Multi Image Tif).  In my most recent test I used a group 4 tif file as the source file and it still only gave me the first page as the output.

Any help would be appreciated, does this software process multi image Tifs in batch mode?

Thanks

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2013-06-17 11:30:08 »
> Any help would be appreciated, does this software process multi image Tifs in batch mode?

I don't think so.. in format conversions (etc) it only processes the first page. The command that one would use to separate the pages beforehand, "Split pages", is not available in batch commands (and a command to recombine those pages into a single multi-page file doesn't exist in TP).

Maybe one of the products offered by www.tiff-tools.com could help you with this task.

Edited to add:
Apparently the open-source ImageMagick utility can identify TIFF compression schemes when you use its "identify -verbose" command line option -- but I don't know if it will report on individual pages within a TIFF. See [link=http://www.imagemagick.org]www.imagemagick.org[/link].
I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.

Laura Shook

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2013-06-19 12:49:26 »
Hi Gary,

Thank you for your support.

ThumbsPlus can read and split the pages of a multi-page tiff file. He can't write them though. This may have been suggested 4 or 5 times in the years since we began supporting all types of tiff files. I don't know how big of a job it would be but I can bring it up.

There may be fax programs that allow users to create these multi-page files. Maybe somebody here knows of one.

Kind regards,
Laura Shook
Cerious Software, Inc.