Author Topic: Stop wasting my time!!!  (Read 6365 times)

dfmsrsa

• View Profile
Stop wasting my time!!!
« on: 2015-05-28 01:34:32 »
I am so tired of this sorting issue. Every time, the release notes indicate that it has been fixed - rubbish! And then I uninstall version 9 and have to re-install version 7 all over again.
I have installed all the ways possible, tried sorting by name, tried sorting by none, etc. Nothing I try sorts it in normal alphabetical order like version 7.
How difficult can it be? My support requests get ignored when I ask if I have done something wrong or missed something?
Cerious Software is spiraling downwards. No support, bugs are not sorted out, etc.
With all this wasting of my time, I am now considering moving away from ThumbsPlus as it is time consuming the installs, uninstalls, etc, when the release notes are incorrect or testing has not been done.
I know it is a beta version but at least have the decency to respond to support requests.
I've had it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gary

• View Profile
Stop wasting my time!!!
« Reply #1 on: 2015-05-28 08:42:09 »
Build 3950 has introduced new bugs ... like crashing when spacing thru list of images without thumbnails and a video file is encountered.  Resizing and saving some jpg files squawks about being unable to save some stupid thing to the file (NEVER seen this one before).  The view windows no longer observes the theme colors for toolbar and status bar.  No telling what else lurks.

Other than the toolbar thing, which is a nice solution, nothing else is fixed.  Dragging files from thumbnail window to folder window is still a giant crap shoot, no status indicators, no ALT+n sorts, no counter on Task tab, etc, etc, etc.

I think Cerious has completely lost control of this mess.

Laura Shook

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Stop wasting my time!!!
« Reply #2 on: 2015-07-10 09:51:11 »
> I am so tired of this sorting issue. Every time, the release notes indicate that it has been fixed - rubbish! And then I uninstall version 9 and have to re-install version 7 all over again.
> I have installed all the ways possible, tried sorting by name, tried sorting by none, etc. Nothing I try sorts it in normal alphabetical order like version 7.

Sorting issues have been addressed, changed, fixed for ThumbsPlus v10.

If you have questions or if there you need help understanding the new sorting options, please e-mail support@cerious.com to open a case.

When I have notes written up about sorting they will be in the release notes and in the HELP file upon release.

Laura Shook
Cerious Software, Inc.

dfmsrsa

• View Profile
Stop wasting my time!!!
« Reply #3 on: 2015-07-10 18:07:06 »
Laura, thank you so much for getting involved and fixing the sorting bug. It is much appreciated. I have been using Version 10 since the day of release. Besides 1 or 2 minor issues, I had no problems with the functions I use in ThumbsPlus. I'm so pleased that I can now use the latest version. Working with a lot of files, proper sorting is extremely important.

Pete Wieland

• View Profile
Stop wasting my time!!!
« Reply #4 on: 2015-07-12 17:36:32 »
> Sorting issues have been addressed, changed, fixed for ThumbsPlus v10.

No, sorting still doesn't work in the same way as TP7. Sort by name or numeric name still give exactly the same order i.e. numeric order.

dfmsrsa

• View Profile
Stop wasting my time!!!
« Reply #5 on: 2015-07-12 23:30:22 »
It's working for me. If I sort by name, I get the exact way TB7 and windows explorer (2000) sorted prior to Intuitive Sorting. If I sort by Numeric Name, I get Intuitive Sorting. Keep in mind, I turned off Intuitive Sorting for Windows.

Pete Wieland

• View Profile
Stop wasting my time!!!
« Reply #6 on: 2015-07-13 17:59:23 »
I have intuitive sorting off, and Windows sorts the files as expected e.g.

1.jpg
11.jpg
111.jpg
2.jpg

But TP just gives the order of:-

1.jpg
2.jpg
11.jpg
111.jpg

regardless of Name or Numeric Name being selected as the sort option.

dfmsrsa

• View Profile
Stop wasting my time!!!
« Reply #7 on: 2015-07-13 23:14:27 »
Hi Pete

This works in version 10.

Try this:
Don't go to options and preference window. For some reason it does not work (for me anyway). I have changed it in the bar displayed on top of the thumbnails. 1st Column = Name, 2nd Column = None, gives me old classic sorting like TP7. If I change the 1st Column to Numeric Name, it gives me the modern number order.

Hope this works for you.

Laura Shook

• Administrator
    • View Profile
ThumbsPlus Sorting should work for everybody now!
« Reply #8 on: 2015-07-14 14:26:18 »
> This works in version 10.
>
> Try this:
> Don't go to options and preference window. For some reason it does not work (for me anyway). I have changed it in the bar displayed on top of the thumbnails. 1st Column = Name, 2nd Column = None, gives me old classic sorting like TP7. If I change the 1st Column to Numeric Name, it gives me the modern number order.

Thank you for posting the work around for using the toolbar instead of the preferences to address the sorting changes!

If anyone has trouble with sorting please ask. I think that we have finally made this work for everybody!

Kind regards,
Laura Shook
Cerious Software
support@cerious.com

Pete Wieland

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2015-07-14 14:30:48 »
I am sorting using the toolbar (and I have tried using preferences), and it isn't working for me.

I have followed all the advice in this thread, but still the sort is not working properly.

dfmsrsa

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2015-07-15 03:22:02 »
Then I'm not sure. It works for me as per below.

Pete Wieland

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2015-07-16 07:33:08 »
I've just installed the production release of TP10 (build 4001), and sorting finally works!

Laura Shook

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2015-07-16 11:16:35 »
YAY!