Author Topic: Cerious Software Forums  (Read 14835 times)

Laura Shook

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Cerious Software Forums
« on: 2015-07-14 15:21:32 »
ThumbsPlus Users,

Thank you all for your support of Cerious Software!

These forums were created and are housed so that ThumbsPlus users can help each other and talk about the products.

Cerious Software is a very small software shop. We have a support system that must be used when you need technical or sales support. The forums are here as a support system between ThumbsPlus users. Cerious doesn't officially monitor or staff these groups.

When you have ThumbsPlus questions or problems please e-mail support@cerious.com

If there is a BETA in progress you need to send BETA reports to support@cerious.com

When you send a message to support@cerious.com you will be assigned a case number. This is very helpful to me as when a case is opened and correspondence begins I have the total picture from beginning to end. I don't have to look anywhere else except in that particular case history. So if there is something that is being discussed here and you want our input, take it to support@cerious.com. Everyone should also feel free to e-mail me personally at lshook@cerious.com at any time.

On only a few occasions have I removed a post from these forums. I do have the right and will exercise this right if I think that a post is not suitable.

Please try to be fair to Cerious Software so that we can keep these groups here for you. I want ThumbsPlus users to be able to correspond with each other in these forums. Obviously negative posts are inevitable. I tolerate them. We learn a lot from them! However, I will remove excessive Cerious Software flames as well as any inappropriate posts.

We are working very hard to improve our software and we hope that you will LOVE ThumbsPlus v10!

Please let me know if I can ever help with sales or technical support by e-mailing me at support@cerious.com

Kind regards,
Laura Shook
Cerious Software, Inc.

gcummins

• View Profile
Contgratulations on the 10.0 Release
« Reply #1 on: 2015-07-16 02:27:58 »
It's been a long sometime bumpy road, but Thumbsplus 10.0 is something everyone at Cerious Software can be proud of!  Thanks to all concerned!  It's about time you guys get some praise in these forums!

aslaksen

• View Profile
Contgratulations on the 10.0 Release
« Reply #2 on: 2015-07-16 07:18:42 »
I agree. V10 looks pretty good so far. And I'm also glad to see that TP tech support is working well now.

Pete Wieland

• View Profile
Cerious Software Forums
« Reply #3 on: 2015-07-16 07:59:20 »
Just installed the production release of TP10 (build 4001), and so far so good.

Sorting of numeric file names... FIXED!
Updating of edited user fields...FIXED!

Thumbnail scrolling speed seems to be much improved, but this was always an intermittent issue for me, and I found could be fixed by deleting thumbs9.ini and letting TP re-create it. Only time will tell on this one.

However, there is still an issue with mouse wheel scrolling/zooming and the focus window (see [msg]3981[/msg])

So far this seems to be the best release since TP7SP2, and if TP11 builds on this success maybe Cerious are back on track.

Gary

• View Profile
Cerious Software Forums
« Reply #4 on: 2015-07-16 12:19:45 »
Build 4001 seems solid.

-Disappearing renamed files appears to be fixed.
-"JournalMode=Off" appears to improve performance of thumbnail creation.

There are still many annoying issues, but I will not bother Laura with bug reports or complaints.  TP10 is what it is, Laura knows the issues and they will get tended to or not as Cerious deems fit.

Cheers,
Gary

Gary

• View Profile
Cerious Software Forums
« Reply #5 on: 2015-07-17 09:54:55 »
Build 4001 - disappearing rename of files is not fixed.