Author Topic: Multiple scroll bars displayed / Viewer window issues  (Read 5377 times)

vmwalls

• View Profile
Applies to
ThumbsPlus 8 SP1 Build 3537

Issues discussed in this thread:
    [*]Redundant scroll bars and a title bar may appear in the Viewer window.
    [*]likely related: When the viewer sets up its window to display an image, it seems to redraw this window (and redundant scroll bars within it) several times before finally displaying the image, causing significant delays in browsing images. See also [msg=388]Thumbs 8 slooooow[/msg]
    [/list]

Original message by vmwalls:

I have an open bug report pending on this issue, but I'm curious to see if anyone else has seen it.

My screen has a native resolution of 1280x1024.  When displaying images of the same size, TP displays multiple scroll bars, only one set of which functions.  When I hit the space bar to advance to the next image, then hit backspace to return, the image displays normally.  I'm attaching a screen shot (hopefully) so you can see what I mean.

Has anyone else encountered this?

[img=thumbnail]http://bugz.cerious.com/FogBugz/default.asp?pg=pgDownload&pgType=pgAttachment&ixBugEvent=4903047&sPart=3&sTicket=1167915_1t2hudiv&sFileName=Shot0002.jpg[/img]

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
      • View Profile
    Multiple non-functional scroll bars displayed.
    « Reply #1 on: 2011-05-27 14:41:36 »
    I haven't seen this yet, but I tend to use the viewer in windowed (maximized) mode and you seem to be using full screen mode.

What are your settings for Initial Size, Initial Position and Initial Stretching under Options | Viewing | Window? Do you only see this with images that have exactly the same pixel dimensions as your screen?
    I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.

vmwalls

• View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: 2011-05-27 14:54:46 »
    > What are your settings for Initial Size, Initial Position and Initial Stretching under Options | Viewing | Window? Do you only see this with images that have exactly the same pixel dimensions as your screen?

You are correct.  My option are set to Full Screen, Don't stretch images, and Centered.  And, yes, it only happens with images that have exactly the same pixel dimensions as my screen.  It does not happen with any other size.

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: 2011-05-27 15:23:12 »
    Yes - with those settings, and files the size of my screen, I'm seeing exactly what you reported!

There seems to be something going wrong in how ThumbsPlus 8 (build 3535, 3537) is setting up its viewing window. A similar thing with multiple scroll bars also happens when the viewer is in a smaller-than-the-screen windowed mode - ThumbsPlus seems to be unnecessarily redrawing the window and fiddeling with the bars many times (which incidentily also takes a lot of time as previously discussed here: http://forums.cerious.com/forum/index.php?mode=thread&id=125).

Here's a crude slow-motion animation of what it looks like when I switch from one image to the next in windowed mode:

vmwalls

• View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: 2011-05-27 16:03:03 »
    Well, at least I know it's not just me.

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: 2011-05-28 12:40:02 »
    Also, when the initial size is Full Screen and the initial stretching is 'Don't stretch images', a title bar is shown if the image is larger than the screen.

Furthermore, this title bar is inactive. When you press its little Minimize or Close buttons, nothing happens.