Author Topic: "Restore" database from a backup does not function?  (Read 3254 times)

dht1@bellatlantic.net

• View Profile
Am I the only person whose "Database/Advanced/Restore" function fails to work?

I am a longtime ThumbsPlus user, currently running v10, SP!, build 4011. In fact the "Restore" function has never worked for me in any of the earlier versions, either.

Just to be sure, I have tried uninstalling and re-installing the program - "Restore" still does not work at all.  What good is a "Backup" if you cannot "Restore" it?

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
"Restore" database from a backup does not function?
« Reply #1 on: 2017-07-18 13:50:41 »
> I am a longtime ThumbsPlus user, currently running v10, SP!, build 4011. In fact the "Restore" function has never worked for me in any of the earlier versions, either.

I'd never tried to use it before, but I can confirm that it doesn't seem to do anything here either.

However, all you have to do to restore a database is copy (or unzip) the .tpdb8 or .tpdb8s file to whereever you want to use it. Then use Database | Open to open it. Note: you can find the location of your present database under Help | System Info | Database Path, if you want to put the restored database in the same location.

If you want TP to use that database always, use Options | Preferences | Startup | Initial Database to make it TP's default database that is loaded at startup.
I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.