Author Topic: Build slideshow error 5034  (Read 3274 times)

NoCO Doug

• View Profile
Build slideshow error 5034
« on: 2016-06-02 16:31:15 »
I'm building a slide show in V10, SP1, using JPG images. Everything seems to go normally in the creation process (Image|Build Slide Show). The problem occurs when I try to run the slide show executable file. This yields error message 5034: "No files could be loaded for the slide show, or all loadable files were too small."

Checking that error code in the ThumbsPlus V8 user guide gives this information:

"None of the files selected were capable of being shown. The files were either not recognized or not viewable, or were smaller than the minimum dimensions specified in the Slide Show Options dialog box."

When I select the jpg files that I am using in the slide show, and press F8, the slides display just fine, showing that ThumbsPlus can recognize the files.

Regarding size, the jpg images I'm currently testing are 6000x4000 pixels (I've tried smaller sizes as well, same problem). Also, in the Options | Viewing Options | Slide Show dialog box, I unchecked "Exclude files smaller than . . . " to be safe.

So I'm running out of ideas. Any suggestions on what to try so that ThumbsPlus recognizes the files?

Thanks,
Doug

NoCO Doug

• View Profile
Build slideshow error 5034
« Reply #1 on: 2016-06-02 16:59:42 »
Got the answer and solution from Laura Shook. Apparently the Build Slide Show feature has not been working since early releases of V8. However, my timing was serendipitous, as the official ThumbsPlus v10 SP1 was released in the past couple of days and fixes this problem.

I downloaded SP1, installed it and . . . tada . . . the Build Slide Show is now working!  :-)

Thank you Cerious Software crew!!!
Doug