Author Topic: Registration Key does not work  (Read 4040 times)

xkhanx

• View Profile
Registration Key does not work
« on: 2015-03-26 13:28:50 »
First off, let me say I have been using TP since 1998 and have never had an issue with the app or with registering new upgrades.

Yesterday when I purchased and completely new version I received my reg code email and installed the program via the provided links and tried to enter in the info included in the email. Name and code have been copied and pasted into the reg form, entered in manually, tried all caps no caps, etc, un-installed the app and re-installed. Nothing works and gives this error.

"The name and code you entered do not validate. Please check the instructions above and try again?

I contacted support about this and "Laura" (ishook@cerious.com who is obviously NOT a Cerious employee and is probably in a call center) responded with:

Please click the OK button as I have just received a couple of reports that the license doesn't validate (the red x doesn't go away) until OK is clicked.

Well no kidding, Just entering in the info gives the Red X, when I press the 'OK button that is when it fails and gives me the error text beside the Red X.

I have sent several emails to them but have not gotten any response and came here hoping someone from Serious could help with this matter.

Gary

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2015-03-26 15:13:23 »
I'm not sure if my situation is the same as yours, but when I did a clean install of the latest version of TP9, my license code failed with the red X.  I clicked OK (but don't remember the exact sequence of screens).  However, TP9 installed and it shows being licensed to me.  Don't plan on getting any help from Cerious.

Cheers,
Gary

Pete Wieland

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2015-03-26 15:27:53 »
Have you selected the correct licence type in the dropdown?

I had this problem a while ago and that was the cause.

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2015-03-26 15:53:25 »
> I contacted support about this and "Laura" (ishook@cerious.com who is obviously NOT a Cerious employee [..]

Be sure to use the correct address: lshook@cerious.com (not ishook) and check your spam folder for any replies you may have missed. She's the president of the company, btw. Oh, and today is her birthday :-)

As for your code, both the name and code should be entered/pasted verbatim (as spelled in Cerious' message to you), and don't forget to enter the correct number of users and press OK. If it still doesn't work, ask Laura to verify your code. Note that codes only work with the release for which they were issued, eg. v7.x or v9.x.
I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.

xkhanx

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2015-03-27 09:04:33 »
Well, the code did work finally. Even though I was given the wrong registration info in my original confirmation email.

This is what I was sent.

Product: ThumbsPlus Pro 10 Home Network (5 user limit)
User name: Xxxx Xxxxxxx
Registration Code: xxxxx-xxxxx-xxx
#Users/Qty: 1   

Problem with this is that the #Users should have been 5, not one. Changing it to 5 finally worked.

Oh well, at least it is working now.