Author Topic: Print Catalog not working after build 3928 update  (Read 4061 times)

Freditor

• View Profile
It does create a page with the heading, but no thumbnails in it. No footer/Page number either. It was working before the upgrade.

I've gone back to my V8 install to finish the job, but that's a bore. Any suggestions?

Fred

R. Kasten

• View Profile
Print Catalog not working after build 3928 update
« Reply #1 on: 2013-06-16 08:42:56 »
Just checked this for the first time with default settings.
It worked like expected.

Rainer

Laura Shook

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2013-06-19 12:14:19 »
Thank you for your support for ThumbsPlus.

I have one other report of this. Please try the following:

First, check and see if the printer you are printing to is marked as the default printer.

Please go to OPTIONS>ADVANCED and turn off/on "disable banded printing" and let me know if the problem is not solved.

Next go to the print catalog option box and send me a screenshot of the options selected there or you can just e-mail or post your print catalog preferences.

Kind regards,
Laura Shook
Cerious Software, Inc.

Hdee

« Reply #3 on: 2013-10-23 11:28:37 »
The print catalog acts like it is working. I go through all the steps and all it prints is a single blank page. No headings, no pictures, nothing.  Any suggestions?  I have tried trouble shooting, debugging, uninstalling and reinstalling...

-Heather

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2013-10-23 11:55:30 »
Have you tried Options | Preferences | Advanced | "Disable banded printing" ? That helps with some inkjet printers.

If you spend a lot of time experimenting with that Print Catalog function, you may want to turn 'Use wizard dialogs' off under Options | Preferences | General. That way you get a regular tabbed dialog that makes it easier to jump from one page to another.

As for me, it seems to work fine here, but I print to a PDF file printer instead of to an actual device.
I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.

Hdee

« Reply #5 on: 2013-10-23 12:03:50 »
I have tried Disable Banded Printing. It doesn't help with the problem.

I thought it might have been my printer as well, but when "printing" to PDF, it saves a blank page as well.  Both printing to device and PDF comes out with blank white pages.

I don't know what else to do...

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2013-10-23 12:22:23 »
Having fiddled with it some more.. when I turn off the "rebuild thumbnails at printer resolution" option, I get just a blank page too! (well, except for a header line). So, I suspect that's the problem.
I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.

Freditor

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2013-10-23 19:58:39 »
I'm printing PDF proof sheets mostly too.
Played with all thumbnail options (borders, cropping) but still gives me a blank page. I've just got used to going back to version 8, works fine so I'll keep it just for that. The only reason I haven't switched to just using Adobe Bridge is the ability to print a catalogue.

Freditor

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2013-10-23 20:04:02 »
I think I replied to this in email Laura, turning off 'Banded' doesn't fix it.

LorettaYeo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2014-02-24 11:22:30 »
I was having the same issues with both build 3928 and the new build 3935.  I tried setting my color HP M451dn printer as the default, which messes with most of my everyday B&W printing.  Still got either completely blank pages, or the header with Chinese characters instead of the date (\d switch) and a single image.  Ask me how many sheets of that one image I generated trying various combinations of the suggestions in this thread.  So glad color laser toner is cheaper than inkjet, but still a lot of wasted resources.
For months I've been having to use a PDF printer, and then send that to the HP.
Today I found a workaround - sorta.  Instead of selecting Options> Files to process> Current folder, before I open the catalog dialogue I select all images in the folder and THEN choose Selected files.  That means that I've had a few false starts where I've had to go back and CTRL+A (old-timers disease), but at least I'm getting my printouts.  The problem with this is that while I'm not getting Chinese characters for the \d switch, I'm not getting any date at all.
AHA!  I just tried selecting Current tree and that works too!  Still no date, though.
That would seem to indicate that the issue is with the Current folder option in the catalog dialogue.
OK, so I bravely tried to set my B&W printer as the default.  The catalog dialogue comes up showing my saved color printer, but then the printer tells me it wants mid-weight paper in tray 1.  When I looked closer, the printer properties within the print catalog shows my B&W printer, so I guess HP has a little inconsistency among its printer drivers.  But after I change to the color printer on the properties screen, it correctly pulls plain paper from tray 2.
Hope this info helps isolate the issue.