Author Topic: Unable to perform a search. Help appreciated.  (Read 2835 times)

Mad Girl Disease

• View Profile
Unable to perform a search. Help appreciated.
« on: 2014-10-08 00:52:37 »
Hi. I am unable to perform a search on my primary database. I have written to support several times but have yet to get a response. Here are the details. All help will be appreciated.

I have installed the latest version of ThumbsPlus 9 Sp1.

The program installs fine, and works as expected with the demo database that is created when it is first installed.

I am trying to open a a previously existing database. The database originally goes back to the old td4 format. I have converted it to the new format, and that seems to have gone successfully.

When I open either the td4 or the new tpdb8 version, when I attempt to do a search, I got a long sequence of errors. As soon as I go Ctrl-F, the following happens:

Database error:    [Microsoft] [ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] The Microsoft Jet  database engine cannot find the input table or query 'FindCriteria'. Make sure it exists and that its name is spelled correctly..

ThumbsPlus Message  <5015-8033>

When I click OK, the identical message pops up 13 more times, before I finally get to the Find by Query dialog.

When I try to run a search, e.g., using an existing keyword, when I click OK, I get the same message.  When I click OK, the same message comes up except now it says it can't find the table or query " Foundthumbs"

When I click OK, the message comes up again, but goes back to referencing FindCriteria.When I click OK, I get a message that  says:

[Microsoft] [ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Cound not find output table 'FindCriteria'. When I click the same message immediately pops up for the next 14 clicks, then the message changes to:

Database error:  [Microsoft] [ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot find the input table or query 'FoundThumbs. Make sure it exists and that its name is spelled correctly..

ThumbsPlus Message  <5015-8033>

When I click OK, I get the message:

[Microsoft] [ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Cound not find output table FoundThumbs'...

When I click OK, I get the message:

No files were found that matched your selection criteria.

ThumbsPlus Message  <6019> NOTE: this is the first time the Message number has been different. On every one of the above message, it was always <5015-8033>. When I click OK to that message, I am returned to the Find by Query  box.

The same thing happens when I open up the td4 and the new versions, including copies of the database that had been working properly.

Trying to solve the problem, I completely uninstalled all versions of TP, and made sure there were no leftover references to it in the registry. Then I did a fresh installation. But I am still getting the errors.

All the folders and thumbnails appear in the TP tree as expected. and have their correct keywords, etc. The images open up. Thumbnail creation and removal are working correctly.

I recently cloned the directory structure where the images are located, maintaining the identical folder structure as well as the same drive letter and label that had previously worked.

Any idea what's going on?

Thank you!!

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Unable to perform a search. Help appreciated.
« Reply #1 on: 2014-10-08 01:58:56 »
Can you create new thumbnails (e.g. of a few JPGs in a temporary folder) and are they still there when you exit and restart ThumbsPlus?

If so, I'd try Database | Advanced | Compact & Repair on the .tpbd8 file (but first make a backup if you haven't done so already) to see if that helps.
I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.