Author Topic: Strange Question after install of TP9 SP1  (Read 2607 times)

kikosoft

• View Profile
Strange Question after install of TP9 SP1
« on: 2014-06-12 06:12:04 »
I had to manually uninstall TP9 because the installer of TP9 SP1 could not uninstall it. No problem. But after the installation of TP9 SP1 I got a pop-up with this question:

"Due to a software update the toolbar 'Menu Bar' had changed. Would you like to reset your customized toolbar and load the new one?" (Yes or No?)

I tried to understand the question, but couldn't. What's the consequence of saying 'Yes' or 'No? I can't figure it out. I could assume that the 'customized toolbar' and the 'changed Menu Bar', are one and the same thing. Then the question makes a bit more sense. The 'customization' is then a consequence of me updating to SP1. I could also assume that 'resetting' the toolbar and 'loading the new one' basically mean the same thing. In normal language the question could mean:

"This software update comes with a new menu bar, but you can choose the keep the old version. Would you like to switch to the new version?" (Yes or No?)

Of couse this question is still silly because you have to answer it without knowning what the differences are between the new and the old menu bar.

In the end I pressed on 'Yes', me being a positive person, and I simply hope for the best. Or should I have pressed 'No'?! Help!

EDIT: Ah, I now see that some other people have reported this as well. I don't think I previously did any customization on my menu bar. I didn't even realize I could this.

laser2sail

• View Profile
Strange Question after install of TP9 SP1
« Reply #1 on: 2014-06-14 20:33:31 »
I don't understand the question in the pop-up but I've learned if I click "Yes," I get how I customized TP to appear the last build.