Author Topic: Nikon raw files  (Read 2674 times)

onehandedsurfer

• View Profile
Nikon raw files
« on: 2014-02-11 07:22:42 »
I have a new (to me) laptop, win7, 64 bit.  I installed thumbsplus pro, v9 build 3934.

I have an older Nikon D50.  I shot/saved raw files and with digicam plugin installed (and nikon codec from MS).  Thumbs look great, the preview window looks great.  When I 'open' a file, it has a distinct green cast.  I exported to png, and the exported file has the green cast as well.

these raw files (the green exported file is still green in picasa) can be viewed in picasa without any problems.  I think I had this problem before, but can't remember how to fix this. Can anybody remember/help me?

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Nikon raw files
« Reply #1 on: 2014-02-11 17:42:59 »
Sounds like a white balance problem. See Options | Digicam or Options | DCRaw (depending on which you use to load NEF files) to find the relevant setting. The Digicam settings may also offer an option of using Nikon libraries to read the raw files.
I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.

onehandedsurfer

• View Profile
Nikon raw files
« Reply #2 on: 2014-02-14 05:05:12 »
thanks for the response.  So I'm posting what fixed it so that I can search for this when this laptop dies in 2 years and I reinstall and can't remember how to fix this problem.

Options->Digicam Plug-In->Nikon tab;  checked 'use Nikon libraries to load images' and then they loaded fine.