Author Topic: Lumia 1020 dng  (Read 2628 times)

pisaacs

• View Profile
Lumia 1020 dng
« on: 2013-12-21 07:15:34 »
I'm using T+9 v. 3928 with latest digicam. My Lumia 1020 now allows raw dng photo output much to my relief. However, my favorite (T+ since c. 1990) browser's thumbnail maker doesn't read them properly, like missing blue-yellow output, reading only magenta-green. Double clicking on thumb, however, will show proper individual image in the display. Funny thing is that when I first loaded my new group of Lumia dng's, some of the thumbs were correct. Now when I return to the folder, none are. Is there a solution? BTW, adobe bridge reads them ok, but I don't want to use it.

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Lumia 1020 dng
« Reply #1 on: 2014-02-09 15:24:04 »
> I'm using T+9 v. 3928 with latest digicam. My Lumia 1020 now allows raw dng photo output much to my relief. However, my favorite (T+ since c. 1990) browser's thumbnail maker doesn't read them properly, like missing blue-yellow output, reading only magenta-green. Double clicking on thumb, however, will show proper individual image in the display.

See the General tab of either Options | Digicam or Options | DCRaw. To make thumbnails, the plugin that loads DNG files can either use the actual raw data or the preview JPG that's embedded in the DNG. It sounds like it's doing the latter. You can change that behavior through the options screen.

See the DNG filetype definitions (rightclick on a DNG file, pick Configure File Type) to see which of these plugins is being used.
I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.