Author Topic: Database access  (Read 3621 times)

turcoloko

• View Profile
Database access
« on: 2015-02-13 07:35:07 »
Hi guys.

Need some help...

This is what I need:
I have a large image bank in our company server, so I did a complete scan and have a 3gb database with all the previews of the images.

I Imported this database in my laptop and I'd like to have an "offline" version of this database while I'm not there so I could do some work with the low res version of the file while I'm at home or traveling.

I had this working some years ago but can't figure out how to do this anymore.

Thanks for your help.

Murad

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Database access
« Reply #1 on: 2015-02-13 16:30:44 »
> I Imported this database in my laptop and I'd like to have an "offline" version of this database while I'm not there so I could do some work with the low res version of the file while I'm at home or traveling.

Do you mean that you want to export thumbnail images and work with those? You can use Thumbnail | Export to JPG files for that.

Meanwhile, if you use that database on your laptop (without having the actual image files), all thumbnails will technically be orphans. In order to view the orphaned thumbnails, Options | Preferences | Thumbnail | Show Orphans must be On, and the 'Auto remove orphans' option (in the same dialog) should be Off.

I hope this helps.
I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.

turcoloko

• View Profile
Database access
« Reply #2 on: 2015-02-20 12:37:31 »
That did the trick! Thanks.

Now I'm having another issue with the search field. It's not indexing by the file name.

Thanks again.

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Database access
« Reply #3 on: 2015-02-20 14:24:16 »
> Now I'm having another issue with the search field. It's not indexing by the file name.

Do you mean Edit | Find by Query? Are you getting an error message about indexing?

If you're just not getting the expected results, maybe it's set to only search the current folder instead of the whole database, or some other search criteria from a previous search are still active (use Clear All to wipe those).
I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.