Author Topic: Tagging Images - Where did Icon Go"  (Read 4780 times)

Street Mann

• View Profile
Tagging Images - Where did Icon Go"
« on: 2019-01-28 18:07:47 »
I recall in t7 that when you tag an image/thumbnail, a little flag icon would show up on the lower left corner of the thumbnail. Is that little icon overlay feature still availabe in t10.. Maybe I ma missing something. The icon shown when I view the image but not on the thumbnail.

Also, Does Alt, tag the images. The help says it does, but did they mover the command. The button help text says it is ctl INS???

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Tagging Images - Where did Icon Go"
« Reply #1 on: 2019-01-28 18:17:10 »
Go to Options | Preferences | Thumbnail View and enable Decorations (5th option on the right). That should again make tags visible in the thumbnail listing.

INS / CTRL-INS is what I use to Tag / Untag files.. I don't think the older shortcuts still work.
I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.

Street Mann

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2019-01-28 19:30:50 »
Do you have the little flag icon showing on the lower corner of your thumbnails after you tag them. Maybe I need to make my thumbs bigger if you do but I dont. Mine are 200x200 on a hd 4k screen.

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2019-01-28 19:52:35 »
Yes, I do have the 'tagged' icon on my thumbnails of tagged images. My thumbnails are 160x160 on an 1600x1200 screen.
When I click the lightbulb button above the thumbnail listing, I have the top five items as well as the bottom two items in the left column selected for display.

Do the other thumbnail decorations (for metadata, outdated thumbnails, etc) not show either on your system?

Street Mann

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2019-01-29 09:17:21 »
You Sly Dog you!  LOL.. I never knew that was there. I get the decorations now on my thumbnail.

Next Question ... do you know why they took away the alt+, method of tagging. The Alt+, way could be done so easy because the Alt and the , keys are right next to each other and I could hit the  Alt with my thumb and the , with my index finger. On my laptop, I now have to hit the fn+Shift with the left hand and then the Ins with the right hand because the fn and the Ins are on opposite sides of the keyboard.. Cumbersome IMO. Of course, I can set the num lock of off and then the insert works in t10. So I can get the one-key one-handed tagging accomplished.

No way I can find to remap the fn Button and even if I could, I don't see why they changed it, and would really like the old style back.

But then again I guess I am just a old curmudgeon! 8)

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2019-01-29 10:43:46 »
No way I can find to remap the fn Button [..]

Well, you could try Options | Customize | Keyboard | Category:Edit

Street Mann

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2019-01-29 11:27:50 »
Daan .. You are the man!  8)

Got them remapped!

I am constantly amazed at the robustness that Phllip Crews and the posse have put into this program!!

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2019-01-29 12:21:32 »
Good to hear that you got it all working! Yes, TP has 25 years of development under the hood and thankfully it doesn't follow the 'minimalist' approach to interfaces and functionality that has been made popular by mobile apps.