Author Topic: tp10 time out  (Read 3922 times)

wingfield

• View Profile
tp10 time out
« on: 2018-11-30 15:32:04 »
folks,

I generally leave TP open overnight; but it always time's out.  is there a way to stop it from doing this; as I have to perform a 3 finger salute and kill the process, then open the app again.

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: tp10 time out
« Reply #1 on: 2018-11-30 17:56:52 »
Do you mean you get an actual time-out error message (e.g. about the connection to the database) or does it just halt somehow when you leave the program open all night?

When you look under Tree | Watch Folders, do you see any "Currently watched folders" - and, if so, is there any activity in any of those folders during the night (or in the current folder, for that matter)?

You could try turning off any folder watching, and for the current folder, turn this off: "Options | Preferences | Thumbnail View | File Options:Watch changes in folder". With that done, I can't think of any other ongoing background activities that could somehow cause TP to crash. Is the Task List empty when you leave the PC overnight?

Maybe it's caused by some Windows activity reflected in the tree panel.. for instance, if you don't need to see any network stuff there, you could go to Options | Preferences | Disks & Folders and mark "Do not show the network branch" and in the bottom section you could turn off display of 'public locations'. I'll let you know if anything else comes to mind.
« Last Edit: 2018-11-30 18:05:15 by Daan van Rooijen »
I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.

wingfield

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2018-11-30 20:20:06 »
hello Daan,

pretty sure it's a MYsql thing (ie: database issue).  if you need the specific error, I can tell you tomorrow :>) by leaving my software open.

david

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2018-11-30 21:35:10 »
If you use a MySQL database, there's probably a timeout setting in the InitialDatabase line in thumb10.ini that you could edit (verify after your first session if the edit has stuck). Its default value is 5000, which I guess means 5000 seconds (1 hour and 23 minutes).

Of course, it might be a different kind of time-out, for instance if the drive or the network card on your server goes to sleep and TP for some reason tries to read from it.
I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.