Author Topic: How to Tag image in my gallery of choice (not Tagged Images)?  (Read 4341 times)

Connie

• View Profile
I've spent the last 45 minutes trying to figure out how to Tag an image into my gallery called "Review", rather than the default (Tagged Images).  So far, I've not found a way to do this:  all my tags show up in the default Tagged Images folder.

I wanted to find a 'one-key' solution (like using INSert, but having it go to 'Review' vs. 'Tagged Images' gallery).  Is there a way to do this, or shall I give up and use the default? 

Thanks, Connie

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I've spent the last 45 minutes trying to figure out how to Tag an image into my gallery called "Review", rather than the default (Tagged Images).

That's not possible. When you tag images, they're also put in a gallery for your convenience, but as you have found, you can't specify a different gallery than 'Tagged Images'.

Is there a way to do this, or shall I give up and use the default?

The quickest way is probably to just tag (INS) the files one by one and then, when you're done, use Edit | Select By | Tagged (Ctrl-Alt-T) to select all the tagged files, and add them collectively to the gallery of your choice. Afterwards, use Ctrl-INS to clear the tags.

Or, try to find third party macroing software that you can use to automate the process. You would use that to record a set of keyboard and/or mouse actions (which would add the file under the cursor to the desired gallery) and assign that to a single key. This site offers some free recommendations, but there are probably more and newer options when you google around a bit: https://thegeekpage.com/17-free-macro-recorder-tools-to-perform-repetitive-tasks/
« Last Edit: 2020-08-28 12:14:20 by Daan van Rooijen »
I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.

Connie

• View Profile
Thank you, Daan.  Good info (as always), and it saved me from continuing to try & figure out how to do something that can't be done.  :) 

Connie