All forums > ThumbsPlus v7-v9 Questions

is there a way to place multiple images on a page

(1/3) > >>

miltk:
is there a way to  layout multiple images on a page, so that i can print them all at once?

currently, i have shift additional images using the top/bottom/left/right margins and run the print page through the printer over and again. problem with that, aside from being cumbersome, is that the printed paper has caught on occasion and i've had to extract the mess manually.

if there was a way to layout all the images on a page format and then print it, it would be GREAT.

thumbs plus 5

thanks all

Daan van Rooijen:
Both the regular Print and the Print Catalog commands can put multiple images on a sheet.

For the regular Print command: Select the images (e.g. 4 thumbnails) and go to File | Print. In the Print Size section of the dialog, mark 'Auto Rotate' and 'Auto Crop' and choose a sufficiently small size (e.g. 3.5x5") to fit multiple images of that size on a single sheet. Now, the 'Images per Page' setting will allow you to pick a larger number such as 4, so that all four of your selected images are put on the sheet. Finally, set the 'Fit' value to your preference.

If you decide to use Print Catalog instead, be sure to mark 'rebuild thumbs at printer resolution' on the last ('Options') page of its dialog. It may also be helpful to turn wizard dialogs off beforehand in Options | Preferences, so you can more easily navigate through the various pages of dialogs like these.

I don't recall if this functionality was already part of version 5 (which is quite old!) but I think it was.

miltk:
it didn't work. tp5 has all the setting you mentioned. here's what is set....
i pulled up 4 images - on one image i,,,,,

1...all the margins are set to "0.00"
2...size = 3"
3...images per page = 4
4...fit = stretch
5...auto rotate 90* to layout is checked

it only printed that one image, so i pulled up a second image, intending to set all 4 individually,  but i noticed everything i set in the first image was set in the other. i tried both checking and unchecking auto rotate and all it did was rotate the image 90*, and neither worked.

there must be something i'm missing since "images per page" is an available option.
two questions,,,do i actually open all four image and can i crop all four,,,,,or,,,,can i only hilite four images and therefore not crop anything?

thx

ps,,,well i can't just hilite because i'm still only printing one image

Daan van Rooijen:
The preview should show you what the print will look like, so if it doesn't look somewhat like this (with four images on the sheet), something is still wrong:

When you click on Printer in this dialog, is the page size large enough?
Did you use 'show all sizes' so you can pick an image size small enough to fit 1/4 of your sheet?

> two questions,,,do i actually open all four image and can i crop all four,,,,,or,,,,can i only hilite four images and therefore not crop anything?

You select four images (thumbnails) in the thumbnail listing (keep Ctrl pressed down as you click on them one by one) and then use File | Print from the menu to bring up the above dialog. The settings in the 'print size' section of the dialog apply to all four images on the sheet.

miltk:
i opened four images
opened four print screens
set each exactly the same except i positioned each accordingly so as not to print over each other

still only printed one image

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version