Author Topic: Tree in Desktop>Documents Pictures v C\Users\MyName\Pictures  (Read 3381 times)

onclejean

• View Profile
I have been a Thumbs+ User for many years and until recently was using version 8 in Windows 7 without any problems. Recently I upgraded to version 9 and have several difficulties with installation and updating, the application seems very slow. I have it working OK now (though it does crash two or three times a day) but I cannot get the opening view to work correctly, as explained below

The tree displayed when I launch T+ starts with the desktop and shows
 Desktop
 Documents,
 Pictures
   6 simple child  folders
then to Computer c:   10 folders
   ThumbsPlus9,
   Users
     My Name
      Six Folders
      Pictures
      22 Child folders 6 with sub folders

I would like T+ to either show all the files correctly in the upper "Pictures" or to open directly into C:\....."Pictures" but have not been able to do this.
Is it a problem I have caused by installing old style into C;\ThumbsPlus9 and should reinstall in the T+9 style or is there a way I can fix it?
Onclejean

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Tree in Desktop>Documents Pictures v C\Users\MyName\Pictures
« Reply #1 on: 2013-07-08 11:13:56 »
Go to Options | Preferences | Tab:Startup

Under 'Initial Folder', enter the specific folder that you want TP to start in.

(you may also want to look at Options | Preferences | Disks & Folders, where you can enable or disable tree components like Desktop and Documents)
I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.

onclejean

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2013-07-08 12:14:14 »
Thanks for your help: using both your tips including disabling special folders T+9 opens at Users and I can see the full version of Pictures seven folders below which is good though not as good as T+8 which would open directly to Pictures on drive C.
Is it not strange the way T+9 works - _if I go straight to Pictures from My Name on the desktop everything is there but in Thumbs only a few folders.
Best wishes
Onclejean

Laura Shook

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2013-07-10 14:42:38 »
Thank you for your support for ThumbsPlus.

I have tried to duplicate this problem on several systems and I can't. Also these tests have been made on Win7 or later. There are 2 picture folders. One is in a PUBLIC folder and another in the My Picture folder. Without fail, both folders hold the exact same images. I don't know what to tell you. Do you have any software that may edit or access your directory structure in any way?

I hope that someone here on the forums may have an idea!

Kind regards,
Laura Shook
Cerious Software, Inc.

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2013-07-10 17:45:53 »
Or, maybe some of those folders have the Hidden or System attribute and TP9 is not configured to show those?

OncleJean, please see Options | Preferences | Disks & Folders again, there are some options that may affect how your Pictures folder (and others) are displayed. I think you should be able to get it to work just like TP7.
I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.

onclejean

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2013-07-12 10:07:05 »
Hi Daan van Rooijen
Thanks to your help I have got TP9 working correctly now
Onclejean