Author Topic: How Long Does It Take Cerious To Respond? (Need Reg Code)  (Read 3842 times)

Tina

• View Profile
I won Thumbsplus 7 in a graphics contest several years back.

It's installed on my desktop, but now I have a new laptop and want to install it on the new machine. Thing is I lost the the e-mail containing my reg code.

I used the form on the site earlier today to request my registration code but have heard nothing.

Does it normally take them awhile to respond?

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
How Long Does It Take Cerious To Respond? (Need Reg Code)
« Reply #1 on: 2012-02-03 20:10:09 »
If you still have the old machine, go to Start | Run, and type regedit.exe . Regedit will show you Windows' registry and everything that's saved inside it.

Browse to the key named HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cerious Software Inc.\ThumbsPlus\7.0 and make a note of the values of Usercode, Username and Usercount (character case, spaces, punctuation etc. are all critical).

Then enter those same values during installation of v7 on your new laptop, or enter them afterwards through Help | Enter Registration Info.
I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.

Tina

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012-02-04 12:42:03 »
Thank you!

I found it anyway, I launched the program and clicked to enter the reg code and it was visible. I didn't check to begin with because normally reg codes aren't usually visible.

Anyway, it's now installed on the new machine.

wingfield

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012-04-04 21:36:01 »
hello,

>> Does it normally take them awhile to respond?
in answer to this specific question - Cerious will never respond.  many folks on this forum have had outstanding support requests out to Cerious that simply are never answered.  I'm one of them.....

Thum17

« Reply #4 on: 2012-04-07 18:32:30 »
I'm shocked to hear that.  I wonder if they realize what that will do to their business-- that the customers who are treated this way will simply never buy another Cerious product or pay for an upgrade?  In the long run, no customer support = no customers.

wingfield

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2012-04-07 19:46:14 »
it's a good product, so folks have patience.  it's also apparently a small company, which lots of folks like to support - including myself.  that said.  I've had a couple questions outstanding for a few months now without response.  this is not a new issue, it's been the case for quite some time now.  anyway, just my 2 cents.