Author Topic: TP7 dont shows keywords  (Read 3961 times)

HGANR

• View Profile
TP7 dont shows keywords
« on: 2015-05-07 03:37:36 »
Hi there,

TP7 dont shows the keywords anymore. Yesterday everything worked fine, today no keyword is set. The Database says that keywords are there and are set.

Any idea how i get the keywords back?

Kind Regards
anr

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
TP7 dont shows keywords
« Reply #1 on: 2015-05-07 04:34:42 »
Go to Options | Show for Files and turn 'keywords' on.
I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.

HGANR

• View Profile
TP7 dont shows keywords
« Reply #2 on: 2015-05-07 05:27:17 »
Hi Daan,

this option is set. Any other idea why there are no keywords anymore?

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
TP7 dont shows keywords
« Reply #3 on: 2015-05-07 06:18:36 »
> this option is set. Any other idea why there are no keywords anymore?

That's truly weird. Are you using the regular 'Large View'? (see Options | Display).

Well, even if you were using a different view, when "Show for Files: Keywords" is on, they just have to be shown..

Have you checked the properties of these thumbnails to see if they actually have keywords in the database (select one and press Alt-Enter, then see Keywords tab)? If they don't, it might be that you're looking at a duplicate of the file that you thought you're looking at, or maybe the thumbnail has been deleted and re-made, or maybe you're using a different database. I can't seem to think of any other explanations for now.. but if I do, I'll let you know!

HGANR

• View Profile
TP7 dont shows keywords
« Reply #4 on: 2015-05-07 07:24:31 »
Hi Daan,

thanks so far. I just checked if there are keywords in the properties but there are no keywords. I just restored a backup from last week of the thumbs.td4 and all other files in the ThumbsPlusDB folder but nothing changed.

Result: no keywords

The folders are the same as last week, nothing changed there.

I will now check a backup from last month, but i dont believe this fix my issue.

Kind regards
Anr

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
TP7 dont shows keywords
« Reply #5 on: 2015-05-07 08:59:54 »
> I just checked if there are keywords in the properties but there are no keywords.

That's too bad!

When you look in the folder tree, do you see any grayed-out folders, or drives that have an exclamation mark in their icon? If so, it could be that a folder or drive has been renamed from outside TP7, and ThumbsPlus no longer recognizes it. When that happens, the old thumbnail records (that have keywords) can no longer be matched to the image files. Instead, the image files will then appear under a different drive or folder name and their new thumbnails usually won't have keywords.

Keywords can also be stored inside of image files (in their IPTC/EXIF header). If that is the case for your images, ThumbsPlus can copy those keywords back into the database  when it makes or updates thumbnails. For that to work, you have to go to Options | Preferences | Keywords and turn 'Automatically generate keywords from: IPTC Keywords' on. Then select the thumbnails and press F3 to re-make them. But again, that only works if the keywords are stored inside the images themselves.