Author Topic: Compact Database Corrupts the Database  (Read 4076 times)

Street Mann

• View Profile
Compact Database Corrupts the Database
« on: 2021-02-09 09:46:16 »
After moving files/folders etc to a new external drive,  etc, I made a backup of my database. Then, I executed a T+ compact and repair on the original. At the end of the process, T+10 does not recognize the database. It throws error  ".. The selected database is not a Thumbs Plus database...? HUH??? See attachment

What's going on? The backup database works fine, but not the "compacted and repaired" one.

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Compact Database Corrupts the Database
« Reply #1 on: 2021-02-09 13:29:05 »
What's going on?

Beats me! This is the first time that I hear of C&R producing an error. The 8038 error usually occurs when someone tries to access a database that he has no access rights to (most commonly when people try to use a MySQL database with the wrong username/password combo).

Are you using a plain old .tpdb8 database? Did you see any other errors during the process? Maybe you could try the C&R again having launched TP with full admin rights?
I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.

Street Mann

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2021-02-09 22:30:07 »
Threw no errors at all.. I had this happen once before after a large file move operation.  I will try the admin rights. It is just the tpdb8 database. I am going to remove orphans and give it a  go before the admin test.
« Last Edit: 2021-02-09 22:33:45 by Street Mann »

Bryant Kling

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2021-03-07 17:06:49 »
Same thing just happened to me.  After compacting, i get the database file is corrupt.  I hope someone can get this fixed.  All my drives are on a single computer so admin permissions shouldn't have an affect.

Street Mann

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2021-03-16 13:51:02 »
I now have to remember (if I can remember to remember) to eithere NEVER compact and repair. OR, to bake a cope of the original database before I try a this operation.