Author Topic: Updating without losing my configuration  (Read 2946 times)

PCTEK

• View Profile
Updating without losing my configuration
« on: 2014-02-06 20:32:38 »
Unless I am missing something in the process, I have always been bothered me with the ThumbsPlus update process.  Each time an update or service pack is released and I install it, ThumbsPlus uninstalls my existing version as well as my license information and custom config settings.  Why??  When Adobe or Microsoft release an update they don't have me reinstall the software, re-enter the license information and reconfigure the program settings just to get back to the way I had it before?  There has to be a way to install ThumbsPlus updates the same way... Make the license and custom configuration separate files if you must, but don't make me reconfigure the program.  How do the rest of you handle updates?  Thanks

Pete Wieland

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2014-02-07 03:54:02 »
I've never had a problem, until the debacle of 3934. The original link was for a much earlier version (3928) and that removed all my settings and licence info.

The download link has now been fixed, and 3934 *should* install without wiping out licence info. As for settings, there have been changes in the way settings are stored between releases, so perhaps that's why some get wiped out.

PCTEK

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2014-02-07 11:44:13 »
I just installed the 3934 update.  It uninstalled my previous build and did require me to re-enter my license information.  Pain in the neck.  Does anyone from Cerious read these forums?

mschnell

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2014-02-08 16:13:10 »
I did not need to re-enter the license info.

-Michael