All forums > General Discussion

I'm so disappointed that ThumbsPlus (Cerious) seems to be gone

(1/3) > >>

Connie:
This is just an "I'm sad" post.  I started using TP in one of the earliest (ca. early 1997) versions.  Every once in a while, I check in here to see if Cerious has risen from the ashes....but....no joy.  27 years.  Sigh.  [sniffle]

We didn't even get a chance to say, "Goodbye."  It was nice knowing you folks. 

Regs, Connie

Daan van Rooijen:
Yes, I share those sentiments.. ThumbsPlus has been my go-to software for 90% of my image editing and cataloging needs since 1995, and I've worked with their team (and many, many mutual customers) for 25+ years, when my now defunct little software company represented Cerious in the Netherlands and Belgium. I'll keep on monitoring and managing this forum though, in hopes -however faint- of a miraculous uprising.

Gary:
Daan,

I want to thank you for all of the help you have provided over the years.

I still have v2.1 (c1993) and v3.1 diskettes, so I am a long time user.  There is no other image manager that comes close to ThumbsPlus (XnViewMP is close, but no cigar).  I use v7 to manage video files and v10 to manage image files.  It is sad that no one has taken over the application and continued its development.  I guess it is true that all good things come to an end?

Kindest regards,
Gary

Daan van Rooijen:
Thanks for the kind words.

I still hope that one day, Phillip will find the focus and inspiration again to continue work on ThumbsPlus.

Warner_Young:
Daan, do you know for a fact that that is the problem? I mean that Phil has lost focus and inspiration?

I wish he could resume work, too. The next best thing I've found is digiKam, which is fidgety and has UI issues and other things. But it does handle HEIC files, which is one thing I really needed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version