Author Topic: Thumbnail Size  (Read 3292 times)

slasko

• View Profile
Thumbnail Size
« on: 2014-03-20 13:24:09 »
It seems that no matter what I adjust, the actual thumbnail remains quite small even though the space allotted for it is bigger. I've adjusted in the main window and two locations in preferences. I've used TP for eight years now and have always seemed to have this issue, but I was able to make it work in the previous versions. I'm sure it's a quick & easy adjustment. Any help?

Pete Wieland

• View Profile
Thumbnail Size
« Reply #1 on: 2014-03-20 15:20:53 »
Have you rebuilt thumbnails? When you change the size, it only applies to new thumbnails.

Right click on any folder, then Remake and choose For Folder, For Tree or For Disc.

Charlie Markwick

• View Profile
Thumbnail Size
« Reply #2 on: 2014-03-20 19:37:29 »
Just to be sure you are setting the size increase using options/Thumbnails? And as PeteW1959 says remaking the thumbnails after?

slasko

• View Profile
Thumbnail Size
« Reply #3 on: 2014-03-26 17:10:15 »
Thanks to both of you for your prompt replies. Outlook placed you into my Junk E-Mail folder and I just found you before I cleaned it out.

I double checked my thumbnail size under Options>Preferences and the Thumbnails tab, then re-scanned the tree and there was no change. I then removed the thumbnails from one of the smaller folders and had TP scan it again and, again, no change.

Sometimes I wish I had version 7 back!

slasko

• View Profile
Thumbnail Size
« Reply #4 on: 2014-03-26 17:24:23 »

Here is a screencap of what I'm trying to fix.

Charlie Markwick

• View Profile
Thumbnail Size
« Reply #5 on: 2014-03-27 05:11:20 »

The % setting controls the amount of space T+ allocates for the thumbnail and anything else you elect to display. It does not control the size of the thumbnail. See my previous post for that.