Author Topic: Is ThumbsPlus still in business?  (Read 2621 times)

JoeVA63

• View Profile
Is ThumbsPlus still in business?
« on: 2024-01-10 13:20:51 »
Has anyone been able to contact ANYONE at ThumbsPlus about anything?  I have been trying to get assistance on some issues regarding a purchase and another issue and no one at TP is answering any emails.  I also tried calling the phone number shown on their website and that number apparently is disconnected and non-existent.  This is getting very frustrating.  I guess the good news so far is none of the emails I have sent have bounced back saying they are undeliverable because the email address does not exist.  But seriously, it's getting very frustrating no one responds to any emails and their phone number is disconnected.

I don't know if it is appropriate but if someone has a working phone number for them, I'd appreciate it.  The 704-529-XXXX number they have posed on their website is disconnected!

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Is ThumbsPlus still in business?
« Reply #1 on: 2024-01-10 16:17:34 »
Sorry to hear it! I have no idea either. Maybe you can contact Cerious on Facebook (www.facebook.com/ThumbsPlus). Owner and chief developer Phillip Crews is on FB too.
I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.

JoeVA63

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2024-01-10 16:46:33 »
Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't have a Facebook account, and it looks like Facebook would be useless considering the last post was on December 20, 2018.  It's as if they just disappeared off the face of the earth and none of the email accounts I have sent emails to are replying at all.  This is very suspicious and I used to respect them for their prompt replies to emails, etc.  Now, nothing at all. 

Gary

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2024-01-20 23:51:52 »
Back in 2017, I paid $60.00 for a perpetual license over and above what I paid for version 10.  And crickets.  What angers me is we are stuck with the last update to version 10 that is riddled with bugs and nothing of the promised version 11.  I hope the folks at Cerious are well, but they sure went out on a very sour note.

GeorgeAdata

ThumbsPlus alternatives.
« Reply #4 on: 2024-02-14 16:29:44 »
Are there any emerging software solutions that can rival ThumbsPlus in terms of functionality and user-friendliness, providing alternative options for managing and organizing image collections?

Gary

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2024-02-15 15:23:12 »
The closest I've found is XNView MP ( https://www.xnview.com/en/xnviewmp/ ).

The app is free for non commercial use and development continues.  I have used it on both Windows 10/11 and Fedora Linux (the program is faster on Linux!)

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2024-02-15 15:50:04 »
FastStone Image Viewer is not a database, but it's a popular and free image browser/viewer/editor/converter. It supports all the common bitmap formats and raw formats, plus HEIC and WEBP (through codecs in Win10/11). Website: https://www.faststone.org/FSViewerDetail.htm
I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.

Warner_Young

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2024-02-16 12:38:45 »
I also tried digiKam. I like the UI better, but there's no automatic file tree. You have to add what's called a Collection, where each Collection is a folder and its subfolders. I think it's a tossup whether it or XnViewMP is better. I like some parts of each more than the other. XnViewMP is definitely faster when loading images, though.

Gary

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2024-02-17 00:02:07 »
Another thing I really like about XnViewMP is the ability to customize the GUI.  I also like that is handles video files.

aslaksen

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2024-02-18 04:09:52 »
I am looking for alternatives to TP. I looked at both XNView and FastStone. However, one important feature of TP that I need is to be able to view multiple images at the same time in separate windows. XNV seemed to open images in separate tabs, while FS wanted to open everything in full screen. Is there any way to get separate windows with these programs? Or do you have suggestions for other programs that will let me do this?

Gary

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2024-02-19 09:48:20 »
I googled this until my fingers bled, but I could not find anything really close to what you need.  TP10 was designed with windows within the main window (as best I can tell) which allows the multiple images?  The closest I could find is IrfanView but you have to play games with the setup and windows tiling, but it still is not what you are looking for.  Hopefully someone else has the answer.

Cheers,
Gary

Jens Rieger

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2024-03-09 05:34:14 »
You can press F3 to open multiple windows. But the pictures open in the internal Windows Picture Viewer.