Author Topic: External Program  (Read 2761 times)

Tom Harrington

• View Profile
External Program
« on: 2014-08-17 18:35:35 »
I want to be able to have a Photoshop icon at the top of my page (like in ver7) where when I select 4-8 thumbnails then click on the Photoshop icon the files will open in Photoshop.

I was able to figure out how to set the function up in Ver. 7 but for some reason in Ver. 9 I set up Photoshop as an external program OK, it seems, but I can't drag the icon onto the tool bar even a new tool bar. What I have to do is to select the thumbnails then go to the drop down menu in order to open them in Photoshop. It's just faster to click the icon if I can figure out the trick to doing it.

Thanks!

Tom Harrington
Topeka, KS. USA

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
External Program
« Reply #1 on: 2014-08-17 19:14:01 »
When you open the Options | Customize dialog, you can drag external programs from File | Open With to your external programs toolbar. The trick here is simply that the Customize dialog has to be open. If you don't have an External Programs toolbar, you can enable it from the Toolbars tab on that same Customize dialog. I hope this helps..
I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.

Tom Harrington

• View Profile
External Program
« Reply #2 on: 2014-08-17 21:37:14 »
You're a genius! Thanks! I can't tell you how many hours I've been trying to figure that out. Amazing!