Author Topic: TP9 3934 - Back folder tree inconsistent behaviour  (Read 2653 times)

toob

• View Profile
Recently I took the plunge to go from TP8 to 9 and apart from having to reset up all my custom tool-bars (again) all seems to have gone well. Most of the annoyances in TP8 seem to have been addressed but as yet have not seen much in the way of new features. I've read about some facebook thingy, buts that's not my bag!
Anyway back to the problem, has anyone else had problems using the back button on the location panel? I'm getting inconsistent behaviour and when I press the small grey arrow to the side to view the history, sometimes a folder I had just previously visited is not in the list. Consequently I end up somewhere else in the folder tree, a little annoying, perhaps the guys can fix this for next release?
BTW - Nice to have the forum back, just like the old days.

toob

• View Profile
TP9 3928 - Back folder tree inconsistent behaviour
« Reply #1 on: 2014-02-19 14:38:22 »
This problem is fixed in 3934. Thought I was on the latest release as I pressed "Updated" within TP today and it downloaded new install file and went through the motions.
After posting this message I noticed that others were mentioning a much later release.
So I manually downloaded 3934 which forced me un-install 3928, and that issue is fixed.

So there was something amiss with updating via the program in 3928.

Now, what have you done to "adding external programs" to tool-bars. It's a bit finicky, I had to restart TP 7 times to add 6 shortcuts.

After adding them they do not always appear in "File/Open with" so you can drag them to toobar, even though they are listed in Customize/programs tab(the new tab).
This then forces you to try and remove the external programs in the new tab, but it does not always delete the one highlighted. Real pain in the ****.

It would be really great if external program shortcuts and toolbar customisation was maintained when updating. Especially as we are having to do it so often.