Author Topic: Where is Facebook login on V9?  (Read 4228 times)

dreimer

• View Profile
Where is Facebook login on V9?
« on: 2013-07-18 16:10:40 »
I have searched your help files.
I have searched your website.
I have searched your forums.

Where is the the Facebook login on V9 Build 3928?

xcn

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2013-07-19 10:15:33 »
That should be easy.

Go to your "Location" panel and just hit "Internet" label-folder. It will open a "Facebook" and a "FTP sites" subfolders and hitting in Facebook it will make to appear the Facebook Login.

dreimer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2013-07-19 22:38:58 »
Thanks for the info!

Not good that TP "support" is too busy to bother documenting.

However the login process is currently broken, with a script that never ends.

No way am I going to sign up for a perpetual license when TP "support" is not responding to this forum in a timely fashion.

xcn

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2013-07-21 02:27:45 »
The Login works for me besides 2 issues:

1 It appears an error dialog but apparently it doesn’t affect the login:
Line: 20
Char: 788
Error: not implemented
Code 0
URL: https://fbstatic-a.akamaihd.net/rsrc.php/v2/yK/r/7C6Y9zeLPEw.js
Do you want to continue running scripts on this page ?

2 Is a limitation to 25 albums and to 25 photos per album

These 2 issues have been reported in the forum and in the way to be fixed in next release/servicepack we were told.

I don’t know about what the problem can be in your case... but maybe is related to the privacy in your facebook. In order to be able to login from an external Apps i think your account has to allow it in http://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=applications in the Apps to use. If in your account you have settled specifically that you don’t want other Apps to login in, maybe that could be the culprit but this is just a guess.

I agree the help page and error messages should be more helpful and I hope you will go over these issues.

Once you are in facebook, there are other issues related to be able to add, remove, copy and move from/to facebook and your system that I think they will be fixed in next releases.

dreimer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2013-07-21 18:44:53 »
Thanks for the update (auto email notification does not work!!!)

I can find TP in my FB App profile and all looks ok

When I logon to FB from TP and I get past the scripts errors, now i get a page with fb://
It is a blank page and all commands are disabled.

This crap is alpha test, not even beta...

xcn

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2013-07-22 00:27:58 »
Once you are logged in, that's right, you see that fb:// meaning you are connected.
The only thing you have to do is go again to facebook folder in your Location panel and you will see that 1 folder will appear with your facebook name, and clicking in your name you will see 2 more folders: Albums and Friends. In Albums you have your own folders in facebook and in Friends all the friends with their folders if they allow to share them with Apps. All is very visual.

In fact you can see all the process to login and how these folders appear in the release note that comes with the new version, under Facebook label. Review it and you will see:
http://www.cerious.com/release_notes9.shtml

Just take your time and you will succeed. In my opinion Thumbsplus is a great program for people that like photography’s world with lots of features, meaning you have to spend some time to find and learn some of them but is just that. If your main focus is Facebook world probably you will find other specialized software better for now. I think is a new subject for Thumbplus people and users and takes time for all of us to be adapted. In thumbplus community, so far, I didn't detect too much interest in FB, but it can change in the near future.

dreimer

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2013-07-22 02:56:13 »
Thanks for your update and encouragement.
BTW, I have been a TP user for about 12 years and FB for about 7 years.

It is really sad that there is no written information in TP about FB anywhere.
Hence, no search in Cerious TP help or their website turns up anything useful.

I have suggested previously to LS that she get some coop student to produce something for users since the developer(s) are too busy.  

Even a Google site search (free version) would be easy to do but not done.
Have a look at [link=http://www.cerious.com/robots.txt]http://www.cerious.com/robots.txt[/link] to see part of the problem.

Maybe you can have a word with LS to encourage written material that Google/Bing can find, so that users like me do not have to:
- waste a lot of their time and
- likely give up without
- posting sarcastic material on the forum

Thanks again... Doug

xcn

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2013-07-22 10:51:17 »
I found some weeks ago a new forum in Google that maybe is going in the direction that you are pointing:
https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en&fromgroups#!topic/thumbsplus-users/

Not too much activity but we will see...

About FB, Thumbplus is using the public APIs that I think are the responsible of the Login script errors because I saw the same or similar errors in other programs that use these APIs. FB is changing often and has to be difficult for developers to follow their changes mostly when probably changes are not published. Also not being a big demand in thumbplus community.

I think that right now Laura, Phillip, Heather and all the family team are focused in solving the issues of the current V9, trying to deliver a new release/servicepack that makes V9 better that V7 in all the areas, once Phillip worked so hard and lonely re-coding all the heart of the program. Not an easy thing for sure.

All of them have my sympathy and support in this wild world of the technology and their fast changes. We need of these small companies bringing us innovating and good products.