All forums > General Discussion

old tp on w10 i may have asked before

(1/2) > >>

miltk:
i may have asked this before but i lost the thread. can i migrate from w7 to w10?

history: i used to do all my work on wXP w/ tp5. with daan's help i'm on w7 now with the following,,,, tp5 is installed on C: instead of  in /program files and the source image folder in /program files

what would i need to do to migrate everything to w10 or the surface pro?

Daan van Rooijen:

--- Quote from: miltk on 2020-05-12 00:32:27 ---i may have asked this before but i lost the thread.
--- End quote ---

You can view all your old messages here:

http://forum.thumbsplus.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=27817

--- Quote ---can i migrate from w7 to w10?
--- End quote ---

ThumbsPlus 5 was developed in the days of Windows 98 and XP. It was never tested on any current Windows version.

In other words, you can try but it's on your own risk.

--- Quote ---what would i need to do to migrate everything to w10 or the surface pro?
--- End quote ---

Would that be on a new computer or are you just upgrading the Windows version on your current computer?

Do you want to keep your database (for all the keywords, annotations, off-line items, etc, that are in it) or would it be OK if you had to make a new one?

miltk:

--- Quote from: Daan van Rooijen on 2020-05-12 09:25:54 ---
--- Quote from: miltk on 2020-05-12 00:32:27 ---i may have asked this before but i lost the thread.
--- End quote ---

You can view all your old messages here:

http://forum.thumbsplus.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=27817

--- Quote ---can i migrate from w7 to w10?
--- End quote ---

ThumbsPlus 5 was developed in the days of Windows 98 and XP. It was never tested on any current Windows version.

In other words, you can try but it's on your own risk.

--- Quote ---what would i need to do to migrate everything to w10 or the surface pro?
--- End quote ---

Would that be on a new computer or are you just upgrading the Windows version on your current computer?

Do you want to keep your database (for all the keywords, annotations, off-line items, etc, that are in it) or would it be OK if you had to make a new one?

--- End quote ---

top5 works on w7. I just do what you told me to do and it's fine. do you think for seamless and safety sake I should at least go to another version of tp and import all data from 5?

and I am thinking of getting a surface pro which is w10, and why I want to know

Daan van Rooijen:

miltk:

--- Quote from: Daan van Rooijen on 2020-05-12 19:19:11 ---Do you want to keep your database (for all the keywords, annotations, off-line items, etc, that are in it) or would it be OK if you had to make a new one?

--- End quote ---

i want to keep everything. i have thousands of images on file. therefore i need to migrate everything intact. if tp5-td4/windows7 to surface pro/w10 is impossible, i need to know a work around. currently i DO NOT have surface pro/w10. i need to know if it's do-able before purchasing a surface pro

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version