Author Topic: TP9 Postgresql creation script error and black thumbnails  (Read 3065 times)

heinzelrumpel

• View Profile
Hi,

I found, that the creation script provided from cerious contains an error. In the table Thumbnail the script creates an intry called idFileType. Afterwards when using TP9 Frontend there are errormessages created, which complain about a missing entry called idFiletyp. So just changing that value from "idFileType" to "idFiletype" will remove the error message, but afterwards all thumbnails are black. I don't know if this is related to idFiletype, but how could I fix that problem correctly?

Regards, Heinzelrumpel

heinzelrumpel

• View Profile
TP9 Postgresql creation script error and black thumbnails
« Reply #1 on: 2015-02-12 03:50:25 »
No ideas?

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2015-02-12 21:54:13 »
Hi Heinzelrumpel,

> No ideas?

No, not from me I'm afraid! As for 'idFiletype', that is its proper spelling. I once created an overview of the v9 database structure from a default .tpdb8 Access type database and posted it here: http://forums.cerious.com/forum/index.php?id=2360 -- maybe it helps if you compare the Postgresql script to it to see if there are any further bugs in the script, that might cause bad thumbnails (btw, that topic may contain a few more useful pointers, such as having to use a Unicode compatible ODBC connection).
I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.

heinzelrumpel

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2015-02-18 04:47:50 »
> Hi Heinzelrumpel,
>
> > No ideas?
>
> No, not from me I'm afraid! As for 'idFiletype', that is its proper spelling.

Hi,

well, thats exactly what I said. The script contains the wrong spelling, because it creates "idFileType" and not the proper "idFiletype". But still, this does not remove the black thumbnails. Concerning the ODBC connection I use the 32bit Postgres driver with unicode.