Author Topic: TP9SP2 Install error  (Read 2864 times)

Pete Wieland

• View Profile
TP9SP2 Install error
« on: 2014-09-21 06:14:28 »
Just tried to install and got an error part way through "The account already exists". Clicked OK and the install continued, but ended with 'The installation has failed "Fatal error during installation" Please check your settings and try again.'

If I try and run TP9, I get an ODBC error (5015.8036)

I have done nothing different to the many times I have installed new versions of TP9.

To be honest, I don't really give a damn, but the message from Laura was so positive sounding I thought I would give it one last go, but nope, Cerious are still the same shambolic shower they have ever been.

I gave up on TP9 a while ago and converted all my databases back to TP7 (took me a few days of manually writing and running queries in Access) and I now have a stable system that does everything I need.

Gary

• View Profile
TP9SP2 Install error
« Reply #1 on: 2014-09-21 09:20:15 »
Pete ... TP7 is my go to as well.  Cerious finally got some smarts and made TP7 available again.  The reason I continue to play with TP9 is I paid for it and would like a working product but I am close to giving up on it.  And they are talking about TP10?  WTF?  Features available in TP7 are missing or do not work in TP9.  It seems Cerious has created a monster it cannot or will not fix.  Every release brings new bugs and few apparent fixes.  Counting TP8 this has been going on since Jan-2010.  Ugh.