Author Topic: copy file gallery property  (Read 12913 times)

tpRox

• View Profile
copy file gallery property
« on: 2014-11-21 02:29:11 »
Using TP9, and I believe even earlier versions, when a file is copied it does not retain any gallery info while keywords are copied. Is there any way to have the gallery retained when copying a file? The net result then would be two copies of the file in the gallery.

I'm moving files around but want to make sure the copy is good before deleting the original, only issue is loss of galleries.

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2014-11-21 03:06:23 »
> Using TP9, and I believe even earlier versions, when a file is copied it does not retain any gallery info while keywords are copied.

Yes (and I don't think it would be desirable to have copies automatically assigned to the same gallery).

> Is there any way to have the gallery retained when copying a file? The net result then would be two copies of the file in the gallery.

I don't think there is.. even when copying the file from within a gallery, the copy won't be added to the gallery.

The only workaround that comes to my mind for now, would be to assign a keyword to the file before copying, and then performing a search for the keyword afterwards. That should show both the original and the copy in a Foundlist. I'm not sure how useful that would be (TP doesn't have a file compare command), but I guess you could re-generate the copy's thumbnail image (F3) and assume that the copy is OK if that succeeds.
I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.

tpRox

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2014-11-21 22:47:27 »
Daan, thank you for you volunteer efforts. Thought I'd pose the question in case I was missing something. I decided I'd just move the file to retain the gallery info.