Author Topic: Slideshow options for web-wizard pages  (Read 18787 times)

Frolin Marek

• View Profile
Slideshow options for web-wizard pages
« on: 2015-05-17 17:10:19 »
Looking to see if anyone is using a simple Slideshow software in addition to Thumbsplus, in the create of website photo pages ?

I have used the "webpage wizard" for many years as the basis for my various photo pages online.  People can visit the March update or the October progress page, and find a TP created photo page I enhance with an HTML editor. It has the thumbnail icons, which they can click to see the full size pictures.

I created a manual "slide show" process a few years ago, but it is really just separate HTML pages, that go manually picture by picture.

I am looking for software that will use the 'existing' photo pages I gave, more so, the existing photo 'files' in those pages, to simply give a more modern, automatic, "slideshow" presentation of the exiting picture files in the existing folder.

Here is an example of a photo page for an event site and the manual slide shows...
  http://www.frolin.net/nngc/pictures/tplc/layout.html

And here is a different photo page for the event with slide software I tried...
  http://www.frolin.net/nngc/pictures/gcmrrc/layout.html

Try the 'slideshow' option on each page to see my old way, and the extra software way.  the new way is nice, it's what I would like, except, with the new software I have the Pic-A thumbnail at 10k, the Pic-A picture in full size at 500k, and the copy of Pic-A2 at 500k for the slide sofwtare to use for itself.

I have tried some software programs, but they tend to make revised copies of the picture files.  So thus have a folder for March updates, it has 10 thumbnails adding up to say 200k, then 10 full size pictures at say 500k each adding up to maybe 5meg.  And those programs making copies gives me an additional 5meg.

As note, I would prefer to NOT need to have a Database Engine or addons on the hosted system, for this feature.  The software I have tested work independent but just force the duplicate photo files.

SO...  anyone using the web-page wizard to create a photo page,  AND  using some other software to use the existing photo files in that page, created by Thumbsplus, software to present the existing picture files in a online web slide show ?

Frolin

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2015-05-17 18:59:08 »
> SO...  anyone using the web-page wizard to create a photo page, AND using some other software to use the existing photo files in that page, created by Thumbsplus, software to present the existing picture files in a online web slide show?

This is not what you asked, but you may not need any external software for that. Back in 2006, Uwe Zimmermann (a support technician for the German ThumbsPlus distributor) built a few templates for the Web Page Wizard that used simple javascript to create timed, self-running slideshows. Nothing spectacular, but they worked fine and could serve as examples for templates of your own. If interested, you can download Uwe's templates here:

[link=https://www.dropbox.com/s/duo9yhgfny0s7ye/Uwe_Zimmermann_TP_slideshow.zip?dl=0]Link to Uwe's Web Page Wizard slideshow templates (.ZIP archive)[/link]

Instructions:
    [*]See Options | Preferences | Schemes & Sets for your Web Wizard templates folder. Unzip the four .tptp template files there.
    [*]When you build your slideshow (web page), the 8th page of the wizard dialog is called 'linking to images'. Here you should use the 3d option, 'Link to separate html pages built for each image'.
    [*]The next wizard page, 'Image Page Details', is where you choose one of Uwe's templates.
    [/list]

I hope this helps!

p.s. nowadays it might be possible to build even nicer templates using HTML5.
    I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.

Frolin Marek

• View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: 2015-05-17 19:42:34 »
    Daan,

Thanks for the reply and option!  

What I am looking for is software that, I can point into the .../.../March Update  sub-folder, select the picture files that are already there and us them to create a slideshow of them.  

I've got several HUNDRED photo pages created with Thumbsplus, with 5 to 25 pictures per page.  And the last 50+ I manually setup the manual slideshow process I devised two years ago.

I do not want to continue the manual efforts.  Once I create a photo page using the ThumbsPlus web-page wizard, I go revise the text and content.  I want to be able to just add a link to a slideshow page that some other software created, that uses the same picture files that are in the folder now.

The software I tested does this nicely, except to the terrible fact, it makes a second and slightly larger copy of each photo file.  So if I was to go apply to all my 200+ pages I have now, it would double the 1600-2200 photos files there now to next 4000 and double the drive space,

So looking for software that, odes like Wow, but uses existing picture files already in the folder.

Frolin

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: 2015-05-17 20:44:24 »
    > What I am looking for is software that, I can point into the .../.../March Update  sub-folder, select the picture files that are already there and us them to create a slideshow of them.  

Well, that's what the web page wizard does when you use Uwe's templates and don't use the Convert option on the 8th page ('Linking to files'). It will create thumbnails and an index page as usual, plus one html page for each image. These image pages work as a slideshow; when you click on an image in the index, that image is shown for 3 seconds and then the next one comes up. So, my thinking was that when you edit one of the templates to your taste and requirements, it might be a viable solution and you could do without the external code.

But then, it's not exactly a state of the art slideshow with fancy transitions, so hopefully someone else will chime in with further suggestions.

Frolin Marek

• View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: 2015-05-18 01:08:12 »
    Daan,

Thank you again for the add-ins for Thumbsplus and the auto slideshow feature.  It is nice and easy to use.

Drawbacks though are, you no longer have the ability to just view the main image one at a time, by clicking on the image.

Also, there is no way to exit the slideshow.  So if there was 20 pictures and you wanted to stop after the 5th, can't have to just site and wait, else close the page.

It's a nice option, but not really clean slideshow option to go with the normal photo viewing page setup.  Also would be re-creating all the photo pages in part.

So still looking for software that will, take existing photo files, let you have a link to go to a Slide page and watch the existing pictures, in a slideshow, and have some control else exit option, and using existing picture files as exist today.

As mentioned, have used Thumbsplus (for many years) and created over 200 photo pages ranging from a few as 5 pictures to as many as 25 or more. Hoping to find what I have seen elsewhere used but to take advantage of existing photo files.

Thank you though!
    ...the search continues...
    Frolin

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: 2015-06-11 20:03:44 »
    > Drawbacks though are, you no longer have the ability to just view the main image one at a time, by clicking on the image.
    >
    > Also, there is no way to exit the slideshow.

Actually, both options are available if you use (or build from) the included 'slideshow_stop_preview_3s.tptp' template.

arwabevan

• View Profile
    Re: Slideshow options for web-wizard pages
    « Reply #6 on: 2019-05-16 10:50:23 »
    > Drawbacks though are, you no longer have the ability to just view the main image one at a time, by clicking on the image.
    >

Actually, both options are available if you use (or build from) the included 'slideshow_stop_preview_3s.tptp' template.

This is really amazing and I am regularly reading your threads.

arwabevan

• View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: 2019-05-29 13:05:50 »
    >

http://www.crunchytricks.com/2017/03/best-slideshow-software.html

Please share what is this?

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
      • View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: 2019-05-29 14:06:45 »
    What I was talking about: Some years ago, a helpful fellow named Uwe Zimmermann made a set of interesting templates for the  Web Wizard that is built into ThumbsPlus. They can still be downloaded here in a .zip archive: https://www.dropbox.com/s/duo9yhgfny0s7ye/Uwe_Zimmermann_TP_slideshow.zip