Author Topic: Ver. 7 AND Ver. 9?  (Read 14090 times)

Connie

• View Profile
Ver. 7 AND Ver. 9?
« on: 2012-11-01 10:12:10 »
I'm still running Ver. 7 (and have been a TP+ user for many, many years).  I have a perpetual license.  I downloaded all the updates after Ver. 7, but never installed them and have been waiting to see what everyone thinks.

Now that Ver. 9 is 'officially' released, I'd like to know if I can run Ver. 7 (which works just fine) AND Ver. 9?  

Like always, I'll be downloading it, but won't install it if it messes up Ver. 7.

Thanks for any response or thoughts.

Regs, Connie

mschnell

• View Profile
Ver. 7 AND Ver. 9?
« Reply #1 on: 2012-11-03 07:25:51 »
Installing TP9 does not affect the TP7 installation in any way.

If you want to migrate you need to convert you TP7 database. Here, too, the TPt database is just read and not modified.

This did work nicely for me.

-Michael

aslaksen

• View Profile
Ver. 7 AND Ver. 9?
« Reply #2 on: 2012-11-04 17:40:58 »
Hi Connie,

I was like you. I downloaded, but immediately uninstalled, EVERY beta and everything else for V8 and V9. But the final V9 release actually worked for me! I will post about that in a separate mail, but they clearely put some effort into the final release. Since they have put in some effort in trying to fix it, I will try to help them by testing it carefully, so I will switch to V9.

I don't know what your problems have been with V8 and V9B, but I suggest you give the final V9 release a chance.

Helmer

Connie

• View Profile
Ver. 7 AND Ver. 9?
« Reply #3 on: 2012-11-04 18:36:32 »
Thanks, Helmer and Michael!  

I just really, really like Ver. 7 and have been following the postings on the upgrades (and the betas).  I just didn't want to be a guinea pig and lose all my notations on my photos.  

I've not used anything beyond Ver. 7, although I've downloaded all of them (I have a perpetual license).  I've used T+ since Ver. 1.

If Ver. 9 works well, and I can STILL go back to Ver. 7 if I need to (for some unforseen problem), then I'm not worried.

I really appreciate your replies.

Regs, Connie

Gary

• View Profile
Ver. 7 AND Ver. 9?
« Reply #4 on: 2012-11-05 20:18:02 »
Connie,

This is my best advice - don't bother with V9 at this point.  There is absolutely nothing to be gained over V7.  Absolutely nothing.

Kindest regards,
Gary

Connie

• View Profile
Ver. 7 AND Ver. 9?
« Reply #5 on: 2012-11-05 20:46:04 »
Hi Gary,

Interesting.  Maybe I'll just hold off for a while and see what develops.  I'm not unhappy with Ver. 7.

Thanks for the comment.  

Regs, Connie