Author Topic: TP9build 3938 - What file has my custom interface settings?  (Read 2858 times)

Lengo

• View Profile
What file has my custom interface settings? I know it's not in thumbs9.cfg or thumbs9.ini. This has been tried before and I still had to manually set up my custom workspace. What is the name of this file, and where is it located (which subfolder)?

Thanks.

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
TP9build 3938 - What file has my custom interface settings?
« Reply #1 on: 2014-07-06 11:36:14 »
Thumbs9.config in the folder that holds your preferences. If you don't know which one that is, see 'preferences path' in Help | System Information.
I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.

Lengo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2014-07-07 11:43:09 »
Unfortunately, that's not the case. One would think that theumbs9.cnfg would hold your custom workspace data, but it does not. It only contains what's in the Options menu.

Anybody else know?

Daan van Rooijen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2014-07-07 14:11:08 »
> Unfortunately, that's not the case. One would think that theumbs9.cnfg would hold your custom workspace data, but it does not. It only contains what's in the Options menu.

Thumbs9.config contains the definitions of the (full) main menu, context menus, toolbars, the panel layout, the status bar, keyboard shortcuts and more.

Thumbs9.ini also holds a few settings pertaining to the interface, such as the skin (Theme) used and the presentation of the thumbnail listing.

What specifically are you trying to change that doesn't seem to be defined in these files?
I'm volunteering as a moderator - I do not work for Cerious Software, Inc.

Lengo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2014-07-09 22:08:10 »
My customiazed menu bar is what I'm referring to.

It's done. I've installed build 3938 and done the customization by hand. Unfortunately though, I lost two databases that are not default names. These were removed. I should have backed them up, but I beleived that these would not be altered. I did back up and replaced thumbs9.ini and thumbs9.config, and these were successful.

All is well. Thumbs9 seems to run faster now, thank you.

However I still have a problem that I've reported before. Any image that has a greater than 3:2 ration (h:v) where the horizontal is larger, the image will not display full screen without having a false window around it. This causes problems in viewing. The image is slightly shrunk in size, causing image sharpening problems. However, when I run a slide show, I have no error and the display is fine. This problem cannot be my graphics card driver. Images from any viewer display correctly. There is something wrong with Thumbs9, and I believe that the window is created first, then an attempt is made to discard it when your settings for editing a single image are

Full Screen
Shrink to fit
Centered

This problem is getting to be a royal pain!

My monitor is 1080p (1920x1080). Images that are 3:2 any size, display fine. Images that are 3.2:2 or larger, have this false frame around them. The fame shows the close button in the upper right corner, but that close button does not work and the image's sharpening is distorted. What is wrong?